cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We need to talk.

ChrisBaish

We need to talk.

Dear Plusnet,

Following no response or even viewing of my previous ticket in 2 days as far as I can see, and the fact that the queue on online chat is 53 long, combined with a phone waiting time of 50 minutes every night that I have checked recently, I have decided to throw in the towel after about 9 years as your customer. I have tried numerous times over the last few days to get in touch with you, but it seems that, alas, we aren't able to communicate any more. 

To think that in the early days I used to sing your praises to others frustrated by rubbish service and lack of available support from their ISP. You used to be brilliant. My connection was always rock solid, and you'd answer the phone within minutes. Now neither is true.

I've met another provider called Origin. Their phone lines were busy last night when I signed up, so I went onto online chat and got connected immediately. I asked if someone could call me back today and, you know what, they did. They are offering the same package as you, but for £17.99 a month instead of £29.99.... and there are real people actually available to talk to! Who'd have thought.

Goodbye Plusnet. Sorry if I have upset your feelings. It's not me, it's you.

P.S You need to change your motto. You haven't 'done me proud'. Not even a teensy little bit. (Well, not unless having shocking customer service stats induces pride, that is)
11 REPLIES 11
Welshdragon
Rising Star

Re: We need to talk.

I have taken a gander at Origin, they can also save me money on both my broadband & phone like for like, including the £0.00 cost for the router P&P.....

24/7/365 days support, Referral benefits, no download limits, no fair usage policy, no traffic shaping, and no blocked websites, ASUS wireless modem/router absolutely free of charge, you won't even pay for postage!

Can Plusnet top that, I wonder.....?Huh

ChrisBaish

So far my experience has been very good. They seem to be everything Plusnet used to be, with all the benefits you've mentioned. When I called them back at 6pm today to provide direct debit details, on their standard customer support line, they answered within 2 minutes. It was a breath of fresh air. Hopefully the experience will continue to be this good.
Welshdragon
Rising Star

I had a chat with one of their CSA via the online chat, it was an immediate contact, he also answered all my questions, quick & precise, they can even keep my TPS registered phone number, which is a bonus, as all other ISP's claim, they don't know.....lol

Please keep me informed how it goes, because if I have any more problems being able to pay my bill again with Plusnet, I will be moving over.

Oops I didn't ask if they charge, for paying by non direct debit....lol

ChrisBaish

No worries. I'll update once the service transfer has happened. One thing I'm sure of... they're highly unlikely to be any worse!
Welshdragon
Rising Star

From what I have just been reading, they have "have invested heavily to build one of the UK's largest modern telecommunications networks", thus it seems they do not use, old outdated systems, trying to keep them going.

I wonder how long it will take for Plusnet to have their promised (New system(s) in place).....?Huh

chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

Origin are just re-sellers of the Plusnet product.
ChrisBaish

That doesn't surprise me. However, they are answering their phone, chat and offering a better deal, which already puts them streets ahead. Plusnet almost seem to make it intentionally difficult to get in touch. I can't be doing with spending the best part of an evening trying to get hold of someone when I have a fault or query.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero

i just tried their chat ,,, no Queue Thumbs_Up     but its another one who dont advertise their upload speed Sad

but was told on chat that their max fibre does not cap any upload speed

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

@rongtw wrote:

i just tried their chat ,,, no Queue Thumbs_Up     but its another one who dont advertise their upload speed Sad

@rongtw you must be looking in the wrong place Cheesy , they clearly advertise (unlike PN) them here https://www.originbroadband.com/packages/broadband-information

Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

ITWorks yes  my bad Sad  i went to look put my number and post code to see what my offer was and i didnt see upload then

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
chenks76
All Star

i considered moving to origin a few months ago.
but after getting them to quote an offer for me migrating to them, i decided against.
i read a few reviews that put me off them.

yes they were reviewed at being quick to response to support requests, but the overall impression i got was that they were a poor ISP, and with being a reseller they really had no control over most things to do with the service.