cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning to others!

phillexus

Warning to others!

That’s it, I have officially had enough of this sub-standard service having lost the mornings work waiting for an engineer, and now being told that Plusnet have no way of contacting their engineer to find out why they have not turned up as promised.  You would think they could be able to contact a telecoms engineer by phone wouldn’t you.
So to summarise, best speed on Fibre is 13meg, not the 66meg promised and charged for.  Slower than ADSL!
3 weeks wasted getting this far.
Stayed in for 2 engineer visits, and now a 3rd visit and the engineer hasn’t even shown up or phoned.
Only option is to cancel the service, and being told by Plusnet that I am in contract so can’t.  Well guess what, Plusnet are under contract to supply what I am paying for, and haven’t managed to do that either.
My best option is to cancel the DDM and let Plusnet take action for the cancellation.
It is all such a mess and such a shame.
10 REPLIES 10
rookey
Grafter

Re: Warning to others!

If you not getting the services your paying for you can and could cancel under the sales of good act have a read up on it Smiley
AndyH
Grafter

When you saying best speed is 13Mb - I take it you've run all the tests via a wired connection?
picbits
Rising Star

What is your line profile set at ? You can use the btwholesale speed test and then click on further tests to check.
ScottStorey
Pro
Fixes: 1

Hi Phillexus,
I have just checked over your account and I can see the current line speed on our system was set low.
I have now increased this for you to what it should be, really sorry this wasn't done earlier.
Can you please run a speedtest and see what you are achieving now?
andyindundee

Wish I had read all the negative comments before I signed up.
Mt new istall is not working and no contact email or phone from Plusnet.

Disgrace
I guess regardless of "contract" any sign up is subject to the distance selling regulations
Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000,
BabaOsw
Dabbler

I would not trust a word - but saying that, be thankful youve had a reply i guess...
I didnt think a service could be so bad with so many faf-up's
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

@andyindundee
You've had a reply from Plusnet and on your thread http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,112879.0.html
Plusnet cannot affect the wires between you and the exchange, you must have had the fault, even if you were unaware of it, before you moved to Plusnet
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

@BabaOsw
You cannot blame Plusnet for exceeding your usage allowance or not limiting your spend at the Member centre.You have been advised as to the sort of usage HD streaming can use. There is also plenty of information on this sort of thing and plenty else in the Help and Support section of the website if you chose to read it. You've also been advised to change to the unlimited product as this would be cheaper for you than paying for extra usage.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@BabaOsw,
Just letting you know I've replied to your post here:
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,112888.msg969468.html#msg969468
@andyindundee,
Due to the nature of forums and the fact that they are an open channel for support and feedback (be it good or bad) unfortunately most people are far more likely to hightlight complaints. However do let me know if you do encounter any issues and I'll be happy to help out.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
BabaOsw
Dabbler

I appologise  Sad