cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHAT customer support??

Freccle
Grafter

WHAT customer support??

What on earth has happened to your customer support - it seems non existent these days. I arranged to change over to fibre optic and was told it would be installed on 21 July. Then a fault developed and we lost all internet access and had no idea what was going on as nobody texted us. An engineer turned up out of the blue (luckily we were in) and corrected the fault but now you say you've no record of the change to fibre optic!  Angry
60 REPLIES 60
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: WHAT customer support??

Hi Freccle,
I've read over your complaint and it doesn't make for good reading. Sorry for the hassle caused to you.
To clarify, we did place an order for you, but it cancelled as there was a duplicate order on your line. It turned out to be a phone migration order by Southern Electric (you'll probably understand why).
If you still want to proceed, feel free to PM me with dates of availability, and I'll provision for you.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Now this is confusing to an onlooker. Why would a phone migration have any bearing on an order for Fibre being cancelled (and the customer not being told either)?
Estragon
Rising Star

Openreach will not accept an order on a phone line if there is an order for anything already on the line.
The only procedure that gets round that is a Sim(ultaneous) Order for line supply/takeover plus broadband, which requires the ordering CP to request a LORN (Linked Order Number) with whatever they order first and submit that (like a MAC) with the second order. The Openreach system picks up the link between the two orders and schedules them appropriately, as in as near simultaneous as possible.
It looks from the number of order rejections recently where the customer has not been told as if the "new" Plusnet ordering system doesn't notify rejections of an order to the Plusnet provisioning team. They only find out when they go to look at the order when the customer complains.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Bear in mind that this was a different supplier's order so there wouldn't have been a way round it. I think that OP placed an order with a new provider, and was then offered a retention. There was also a leaving notification.
I have fed back over the OP not being updated over the rejection.
Matty
Estragon
Rising Star

This could get interesting Matty.
Assuming the OP ordered a migration of both services, then decided to stay due to the retention offer (of FTTC), but the line rental move wasn't cancelled with the other supplier by the OP ....
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Not in the office at the moment, but I think we cancelled it following contact from OP, which left us at square one except with the acquisition of an ADSL fault.  Sad
Will confirm this when I'm back in.
Anotherone
Champion

Quote from: Estragon
Openreach will not accept an order on a phone line if there is an order for anything already on the line.

Now whilst I was aware that was the case in the past, I thought it was going to get resolved. I see no reason why a phone order (other than a cease) should have any effect on a broadband order. Even with a phone migration, it shouldn't affect an order.
On the other hand if there was a broadband migration involved as well, that could be a different matter. BUT we are told there was a retention deal, so any migration would have been stopped - wouldn't it Huh Roll_eyes So there should have been no orders on the line at the time the Fibre order was placed.
However, IF OR's systems still aren't accepting BB orders if there's a phone order, how come the order for Fibre wasn't bounced when it was placed. Whose systems are at fault for that, Openreach's or Plusnet's if indeed the OR system didn't accept it (as opposed to reject it)?
Apart from which how damned silly, so if you nip to to member and order Caller ID for the phone and whilst this is progressing, PN place an order for Fibre.....and guess what, it fails but nobody knows Crazy
Estragon
Rising Star

I think I covered all those points either in my post or in my one about the possibly still existing phone move order :). If Matty is correct then that has now been cancelled.
Anotherone
Champion

I'm sure you covered most of it, sort of, the point I am making is that none of those situations should damn well be happening in the first place.
Basic Phone orders should not affect BB orders. Maybe that is OFCOMs fault.
IF there is some sort inconsistency in the system, then Openreach's system should NOT accept the order, never mind rejecting later and nobody knows.
AlaricAdair
Champion
Fixes: 1

I think the point is why should a "member of the public" be exposed to the complexities of inter-organisation procedures?  There should be a proper feed back process in place which keeps the client informed without them needing to chase up. That same feed back loop should trigger an effective root cause analysis to modify the organisations' systems to prevent a re-occurrence. Be bold PlusNet, think Sigma 5 in terms of your order process.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Freccle
Grafter

Quote from: MattyC
Hi Freccle,
I've read over your complaint and it doesn't make for good reading. Sorry for the hassle caused to you.
To clarify, we did place an order for you, but it cancelled as there was a duplicate order on your line. It turned out to be a phone migration order by Southern Electric (you'll probably understand why).
If you still want to proceed, feel free to PM me with dates of availability, and I'll provision for you.
Matty

I do want to continue but after spending 18 mins 23 secs on the phone just now to your provisioning dept they state the SSE order cannot be cancelled (despite me having a letter 10 days ago from SSE confirming it had been cancelled). I don't really care any more who does my broadband but I want it changing to fibre optic
Freccle
Grafter

I had been going to switch from Plusnet to SSE but then plusnet offered to ALMOST match the price and it seemed (at the time) less hassle to stay with them and switch my broadband to fibre optic with them. I notified SSE of this and have a letter from you confirming it would be cancelled. However  now you say the order from SSE has NOT been cancelled and you cannot proceed. Can you please tell me just what is happening.
I have once again contacted SSE who state the broadband switch was definitely cancelled and there are no plans to provide us with a phone line or broadband. In the meantime I have paid 12 months line rental up front and we have no idea when, if ever, we will be getting fibre.
Anotherone
Champion

I wonder if the problem here is yet another inexperienced provisioning agent.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: Freccle
Can you please tell me just what is happening.

Hi Freccle
I've just tried calling you on your mobile and landline but wasn't able to get a response. Are you ok to PM me a decent time to call? Could also do with knowing whether I am speaking with the account holder or the authorised user if that's ok.
Matty