Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHAT customer support??

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: WHAT customer support??

It's the same password as you use to log in to http://portal.plus.net/index_portal.html
The username is the same but with @plusdsl.net added
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Freccle
Grafter

Thank you I did as you suggested and at least we had access on one laptop. Don't know why plusnet couldn't have suggested that. The router arrived this morning (presumably on a slow boat from China  Wink and I've set it up and we have internet at last. i'm not even testing the speeds yet, just pleased with having access
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Thank goodness for that at least Smiley
Freccle
Grafter

and a second router has arrived today too. wonder if I'm goingt o get one a day?  Shocked
Anotherone
Champion

Shame that with their current firmware, they are only useful in basic set ups.
Freccle
Grafter

Just spent 1 hour, 25 minutes and 20 seconds of my life that I'll never get back again, on the phone to get the deal I was promised in the first place and even now there's no guarantee that when the line rental is due they will still honour it. However he did say if I ring the complaints team (Plusnet HAVE one?) they have more pwers than him and will be able to help. Luckily it's got to the stage now where I record all of my (many) calls to plusnet so now I have enough disco music to provide background music for a 70's theme night. Who picks the music, do you think they're using it to stick a whimsical 2 fingers up at their customers? ("Don't you Want Me", "I need a little time", Poison Arrow etc etc)
Anotherone
Champion

Ha  Grin  I hadn't noticed the specific songs in terms of their titles, although I did get an (unprovoked) apology for the music whilst on hold for ages yesterday, to which I said the music didn't really bother me Crazy
Freccle
Grafter

So whilst I was idling my time away on the phone, I looked up how to formally complain and found this little gem
Raising a complaint
The fastest way to let us know if you're not happy with your service is by using our chat service (click the banner on the left) or by contacting us by telephone (0800 432 0200 from a landline or 0345 140 0200 from a mobile). You can raise a complaint via either of these methods and these are the best ways to get a quick resolution to any issue.
Anotherone
Champion

Ah, but when they can't actually resolve your issue on Chat they tell you to phone, nor can they actually deal with a "Formal" complaint, you still have to use the official Complaints Procedure.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Quote from: Freccle
Just spent 1 hour, 25 minutes and 20 seconds of my life that I'll never get back again, on the phone to get the deal I was promised in the first place and even now there's no guarantee that when the line rental is due they will still honour it. However he did say if I ring the complaints team (Plusnet HAVE one?)

Plusnet have a whole team to deal with complaints!

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Freccle
Grafter

they maybe do but they're obviously in a subterranean bunker somewhere with no phone or internet access as it's impossible to ever speak to one of them
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

VileReynard
Hero

In 2014, CISAS said:-
Of the 5778 initially valid applications made during 2014, 84% led either to a decision
made in the consumer’s favour or a settlement being agreed between the consumer
and the company before the adjudicator was appointed. This is a slight increase on
the 80% figure from 2013.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

There is a lot of room for spin in that stat.
1. There is no actual number provided for the 2013 valid applications, so there is no absolute measure of if the volume of problems is going up or down
2. There is no split between "made in customer's favour" and "settlement before adjudication"
Therefore it is not possible to conclude with confidence if CISAS is finding a greater proportion of cases in favour of consumers, or if companies are simply more disposed to seeking settlements (thereby avoiding adjudication) as a cost mitigation action.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

VileReynard
Hero

True - but if you go to the CISAS web-site, they do provide actual numbers.
I suspect that it is usually much cheaper for ISP's to cough up a few quid than to spend money on presenting a case.
They probably lose the customer either way. Cheesy