cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WAS having second thoughts about joining Plusnet !

bmgrt
Dabbler

WAS having second thoughts about joining Plusnet !

During the on-line signing up process, I was given a choice of 3 different installation dates/times. Bearing in mind that getting some time off work at short notice is for me (along with many others I'm sure) neigh on impossible, I chose the dates/times I would be available at... only to just receive an email telling me that the appointment has been changed to some random date which I can't make !
Grabbed the phone to see what can be sorted... I'm looking at a 30mn wait !
What is the point of offering installation dates that you can't stick to Plusnet ?
Not a good start !
Bern.
7 REPLIES 7
picbits
Rising Star

Re: Already having second thoughts about joining Plusnet !

If it's any consolation, I had exactly the same when I joined almost a year ago - the appointment I chose was cancelled and rebooked straight away.
However it was all plain sailing (for me) from then - no engineer issues, no problems with the connection and great customer service when I needed it.
Not saying it will be the same for you but it isn't all doom and gloom with them. 11 months on and I'm still happy Smiley
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Quote from: bmgrt
What is the point of offering installation dates that you can't stick to Plusnet ?

Bern,
Welcome to the forums.  Regrettably it is not PlusNET who cannot sick to the installation date, but rather BTOR - PlusNet's and indeed all ISP's supplier of the 'last mile' of wires to your property.  There is simply no getting away from BTOR.  They are notorious for cancelling appointments, not turning up and in some circumstances not even advising PlusNET of their non-attendance.  Some people have suffered 4 or more no shows.  I know it does not help, but you are in someways fortunate that your appointment got rescheduled before you'd spent a day waiting at home for a no show.
Hope you are soon installed, on line and enjoying a great service from PN.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I think the system is - I may be completely wrong though - that when you sign up the dates are shown as available in the BT Openreach database but in the short time between you picking one and the order actually being placed some other ISP pinches them as all the ISP's access the same database
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@Oldjim is right in his description. I'm really sorry all the same @bmgrt as I can see how this has set an expectation we weren't able to keep. This is something that improvements to our provisioning processes and automation that we're working on should fix in the future.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
bmgrt
Dabbler

Well. I'm over 15mn into the phone's queue now. Got a feeling that the install is going to have to be put back to mid January as this is the only other period I can be available at certain times during the week !
bmgrt
Dabbler

Sorted. Closer to mid January than I would have liked but hey...
On an other note, without writing a novel about it, it might be an idea to make the client aware that the installation appointments slots proposed are only "tentative" until confirmed with BTOR. It would have (at least for me) saved some frustration towards Plusnet !
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: bmgrt
it might be an idea to make the client aware that the installation appointments slots proposed are only "tentative" until confirmed with BTOR.

Very good point.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.