cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very poor service

FIXED
apple2

Very poor service

To you guys who run customer service. For non urgent stuff, there is no way to communicate with plusnet without hanging on to a phone for 30mins plus, or waiting while the queue on the online chat decrements from 40 to 0. Come on guys, all I want to do is ask about my router which I have not received. Not urgent, but i need to give plusnet a reminder without wasting my day waiting on customer service. 

Am I reduced to sending the CEO a letter? Will that work?

25 REPLIES 25
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Very poor service

Fix

Sorry to see your new router wasn't sent out when you re-contacted recently.

It looks like it was added to the account but not progressed to actually be sent. I've progressed this for you now and although we always have to advise 3-5 working days for delivery, they're sent out 1st class post and usually arrive sooner.

I hope this helps.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
apple2

Hi HarryB

Thanks for your prompt attention to my problem.

Could you take on board the problem customers have in contacting plusnet. I suppose the online chat would be mostly OK but who wants to wait while there is 40 people in front of you.  The point is, I want to able to raise a non urgent question with plusnet and get on with something else, not have to resort to sending snail mail.

thanks again

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I do apologise for the wait times recently.

As for the feedback, I can't make any guarantee of a full return of tickets further than what's already here. But I'll certainly pass on your comments to the relevant people.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Minivanman
Legend
Fixes: 1

Fair enough Harry but there are times (and many of them) when apologising just doesn't cut it and waiting times a recent event?  well no not really, and we both know that. 

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@Minivanman wrote:

there are times (and many of them) when apologising just doesn't cut

I'm doing all I can by passing on my apologies and also passing the feedback on the relevant people.

@Minivanman wrote:

waiting times a recent event?  well no not really, and we both know that. 

Well to be fair, when I've been checking them regularly over the past few weeks, they had made it to what I think was a fairly reasonable place (Regularly around 5 minutes or less)

This week I understand the wait times have been considerably longer, however I can assure you that we are doing all we can and I believe there is another training group in progress at the moment for some new starters.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Minivanman
Legend

Well perhaps that is the case Harry but again we both know that these days when you phone organisations waiting times are just about the biggest pain. If plusnet are improving all well and good, but we'll see - or rather your customers will. 

(declines to hold breath)

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Minivanman   For the past few years PN has promised to reduce wait times since they opened the Leeds call center .
Unfortunately has not come to pass Roll_eyes  also they say they still training extra staff But to no avail support times are no better Sad
Fortunately a lot of good people here on forum are backup unpaid  to help PN
Its sad to see experinced staff here under pressure because people upstairs decided to give Free BB without thinking of extra support
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
apple2

I did once work in a tech call centre so I know what it's like and I have some sympathy. However, you need to reduce the call volume and one way is to give customers other ways to contact support. If your chat facility is running at queue lengths of 20-40 then that's too long. 

Customers with none urgent calls just need to leave a message and get a reply in say 48hrs. That's all they require. I worked on a team that answered emails by the end of the next working day, and I admit it was unrelenting work but it keeps users off the phones. It also allows more urgent calls to be answered quickly.

so, make the chat facility work, queue waiting time < 5 mins or reinstate a message system.

You will improve customer perception, more contented people.

I do rate Plusnet, it just works, hassle free.

But I hope I don't get problems where I need to contact you guys.

cheers.

Minivanman
Legend

Ironic that it's difficult at times to communicate with a communications company. There has to be a better way surely?

Herman Melville
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Worst thing is they REMOVED the easiest way ,,,, Tickets Cheesy

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Kimberlin
Rising Star

Well sadly, almost a year of being with Plusnet, I'm experiencing my first proper problem with my internet connection. No landline fibre internet now for almost 3 hours. Have tried phoning, almost an hour wait time, so scrubbed that, online live chat, 30 odd in front of me and after waiting 15 minutes and only dropping 3 in the queue I gave up. What on earth is the problem here? I've just been looking at the downdetector map and if the deep orange colours on the the map indicate issues, then clearly there appear to be fairly huge problems in the London and North Midlands regions. Why doesn't Plusnet post an up to date clarification of what is going on?

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your phone and broadband.

Have you tried reporting the issue at https://portal.plus.net/my-account/tools/phone-troubleshooter/

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Kimberlin
Rising Star

Anoush, thank you for taking the trouble to respond to my post, however, the link you provided states that service is temporarily unavailable. I've had no internet now for almost six hours. The phone line works fine, i.e., I've dialled my own mobile phone and it rings, though there is a constant clicking noise in the background. Before you ask, yes, I have switched off and reset the router. I'm sure this is down to an engineering fault, probably linked to my local exchange and as it's the weekend, nothing will probably get done until Monday. Perhaps Plusnet will refund me for loss of service?

Kimberlin
Rising Star

So to any Plusnet customer service representatives that are monitoring this, here I am, still no landline fibre internet since 17.15 hours yesterday. Managed to connect to the link that Anoush provided to discover exactly what I expected, a line test confirming there is a problem and to phone the free phone number provided. So now I'm stuck on the end of a phone line in a 50 minute queue waiting for someone to talk to me. This is just poor and incredibly disappointing.