cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very happy with Plusnet today.

elkieluca
Grafter

Very happy with Plusnet today.

I  changed my broadband from Extra to Unlimited and it started today, for some strange reason my broadband speed is higher than it was on Extra, it was 14 Mbs and now its 15. Also the bonus of being almost £2.00 cheaper is great as well.
Well done Plusnet. Glad I stayed with you.
20 REPLIES 20
jfrankcom
Dabbler

Re: Very happy with Plusnet today.

If you are so happy then why have you posted 110 times since you became a "customer" in 2010. Admit it - you are someone working for PlusNet trying to make things look better. Rather than deliberately misleadin people why don't you answer the phone and do something useful?Huh
dick:quote
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Hello jfrankcom,
All staff members (I assure you I'm NOT one either) are identified as such next to each post.  The vast majority of posts here are from customers, the forum moderators are also customers (that's why it's called 'Community Forums').
I don't think any ISP gets it all right all the time, Plusnet are not perfect (though many customers will tell you they're a lot better than some), saw your other post and I can only say I sincerely hope you get it resolved soon.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
jfrankcom
Dabbler

I don't believe ALL staff members are identified. It is is called "sock puppeting" and it is common place on forums like this. Rather than spending time and effort running this pointless forum why not have someone ANSWER THE PHONE and assist in the real world.
elkieluca
Grafter

What the hell are you talking about jfrankcom!
You need help.  I am a 71 year old pensioner who left Talktalk for Plusnet and it was the best thing I did.  Of course there have been some problems along the way but PN always explained them to me.

Calm yourself down.
gswindale
Grafter

Why do people who may have had issues always assume that those of us who haven't must work for the company.
I can confirm that I do not work for PN.  Over the past 7.5 years I have had pretty much excellent service apart from 2 occasions.  First time - support were excellent despite being extremely short staffed due to Sheffield being under 3ft of water.  The 2nd time was not so good - mainly as I was having to use mobile internet to try & update calls etc.
If 110 posts in 2 & a bit years means that someone must work for PN; then what do my post statistics suggest?  Am I the CEO?
I would also point out that all PN staff ARE identifiable in this forum.  The Mods are independent as well.  Anybody who thinks otherwise has obviously been blinded by what happens at other ISPs who may not be quite so up-front about things.
jfrankcom
Dabbler

Quote from: geofftswin
If 110 posts in 2 & a bit years means that someone must work for PN; then what do my post statistics suggest?  Am I the CEO?

It suggests that you are extremely sad! Why don't you do something better with your time rather than brown-nose a phone provider??
I cannot use the internet, despite paying for it, I cannot complete my time sheet... I expect nobody is working at PlusNet tomorrow who can do anything helpful which means my pay will be delayed. I need this egregious organisation which is a constant disappointment (and is owned and controlled by BT) to answer the phone.
w23
Pro

Please, that's quite unnecessary.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
jfrankcom
Dabbler

2228 posts - is this some sort of dismal social club?
elkieluca
Grafter

This is a feedback thread and I believe in giving good feedback when its due. . If that makes me sad then I don't mind but your posts make you sound a horrible person.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Mod Note
Sadly this thread is degenerating into insults.
If it continues in it's present form it will be locked.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
w23
Pro

Quote from: jfrankcom
2228 posts - is this some sort of dismal social club?

Well, it can be quite sociable.
There are members with vastly more posts than me who choose to spend their time being helpful to others with no gain to themselves other than knowing they've helped someone.
I wouldn't berate whatever you choose to do with your spare time so I'd ask you to please refrain from doing so to others.
Thank you, w23 (fellow customer).
[Edit], Thanks for stepping in Strat.  Really sorry your genuine feedback post has been hijacked maryf.
Call me 'w23'
elkieluca
Grafter

Thanks w23,  I was just thinking the same thing, the one time I give positive feedback on this thread someone spoils it.  But thanks again for saying that.
jfrankcom
Dabbler

I am sorry if you are genuinely a customer and not a PlusNet drone... and I apologise for finding it hard to empathise with people who choose to spend their free time on the PlusNet forum... however it is PlusNet's attitude which infuriates me - rather than all this fluff why not have a 24 hour call centre and fewer mistakes?
w23
Pro

As far as I understand, the call centre should be 24hour.  According to this: http://www.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=212&helpheader=rhmcallstats call volumes are relatively low now and wait times are short (sorry I can't vouch for their accuracy), I'd suggest giving them another call, hopefully you'll get the account problem resolved.
Call me 'w23'