cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Disappointing Upload on Fibre

Seb

Very Disappointing Upload on Fibre

Having ordered fibre last week I was very impressed with the prompt install only a week later.
I was disappointed to find however that my upload speed is capped at 2mbps; a limitation which was not detailed during the purchase of the product (over the phone).
This has infuriated me as other providers are offering 10mbps up (for example BT).
Furthermore annoying is the difficulty in actually finding the upload cap detailed on the plusnet site.  
This upload cap isn't detailed anywhere during the purchase process and can only be found on the site via the search box, and not via the fibre broadband pages.
I will be strongly considering cancelling my newly installed fibre over the next week as I feel cheated out of a reasonable upload rate.
Are there any plans to improve the maximum upload rate?   Given that plusnet are owned by BT I can see no reason other than internal politics which would prevent you from delivering an equal service.
I would very much appreciate a response covering two key points;

• 1.  Are there any plans to increase the maximum upload rate cap to 10mbps on par with BT (and other providers).

• 2.  Why is your service capped at such a low ratio?   A 20:1 download to upload ratio on a broadband connection is not normal; a ratio between 4:1 and 8:1 is far more standard (and always has been).

I patiently await your response.
3 REPLIES 3
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Very Disappointing Upload on Fibre

Seb

Re: Very Disappointing Upload on Fibre

Thanks Oldjim, I will read that.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63