cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Disappointed in PN

FastJan
Grafter

Very Disappointed in PN

I placed my order for PN Pro package back on 17th July and accepted the fact that it would be approx 2-3 weeks until my existing line was transferred from Talktalk (via BT) over to PN.
When I was unable to track my order online I posted on these forums to ask for go live dates and was told that the phone would be transferred over on 7th Aug with the BB following on the 10th. A few days ago I rang PN customer services to confirm these dates were still the coreect dates and was told they were.
Imagine my surprise when my Talktalk BB has been working just fine all weekend (not possible if line transferred to PN as it should've been). It was still working when I got in from work a short while ago so I rang to find out why - and was told that for some reason my order had been cancelled/hadn't been actioned in the first place (no further info available as to who, how or why this happened) and it would therefore be at least another 10 days or more until the transfer takes place.
After making the decision to pay for a premium service I am very disappointed in PN - and if this is an indication of things to come then I will be looking elsewhere - and seeing as my order has progressed by oh lets see....0% - I think I may just cut my losses now before getting tied into a contract with them  Angry
Rant over.
[Moderator's note by Thomas (Be3G): moved to a more appropriate forum.]
8 REPLIES 8
Mark
Grafter

Re: Very Disappointed in PN

Hi and welcome to the forums and Plusnet.
I'm really sorry to hear that your move has not gone to plan. I'm at home right now and not in a position to see what has gone wrong. I will look into this in the morning for you and see if we can get some credible information.
We'll get this sorted as quickly as we possibly can.
Mark
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Looks like a simultaneous order was placed for completion on the 10th August but something's not gone quite as it should Sad I've only access to BT Wholesale's ADSL ordering systems from home but the reason that side of things was cancelled is because no matching phone order was found. Sorry I can't be more specific at the moment, as Mark has suggested, we should be able to advise you further tomorrow...

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

FastJan
Grafter

Thanks for the apologies, they are appreciated.
I didn't mention the part I was totally frustrated by - on phoning customer services yesterday I was told that my line did indeed transfer over to PN on the 7th as planned - it was only when I insisted I knew it hadn't that the guy I spoke to went away and checked and then noticed I was right. And it's that lack of care which has put the nail in the coffin so to speak. Ok so I was offered compensation for the inconvenience which was a nice gesture - but I want a decent, reliable ISP with advisors that I can trust, not a reduced bill or nice gestures. If I wanted a cheap so-so service I would've stayed with Talktalk  Roll_eyes
If any PN staff do happen to pick this back up this morning, would you do me the honour of cancelling my order and confirm in writing (a forum post or email would be great) that this has been done - I can then start the process of looking elsewhere all over again. Thanks.
FastJan
Grafter

I just received yet another text (as I did on 17th July, 24th July and 7th August) to say that apparently my order is "successfully progressing".
PN really are comedians  Grin  Roll_eyes
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi there,
Sorry about the delays you've had so far, it's really not a good start is it.
We've been on the phone to our suppliers this morning trying to get to the bottom of what's happened and see what can be done to resolve this as quickly as possible.
Basically the original broadband order was cancelled because they couldn't see a corresponding home phone order (which there needs to be for a simultaneous provide), after speaking to our suppliers they've assured us that the phone service will be active on Thursday and the broadband on Monday. I appreciate this is not the timescale you were told originally, nor on the updates to your tickets (which I'll address with the relevant managers).
Your post earlier in the day suggested you'd been offered some free service to apologise for this, can you private message me with the details of this so I can make sure we apply this correctly for you. That's if you choose to stay with Plusnet, I really hope you give us a chance to prove that we're better than you've seen so far.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
FastJan
Grafter

Thanks for the info Chris, just on my way out the door at the mo but will PM you when I'm back in a couple of hours.
The thought of the BB transfer being completed by next Monday (you did mean next Monday ie 17th Aug, didn't you?) is I admit, very appealing... and if this is 100% a definite confirmed fixed no chance of any more cock-ups date then I may well re-consider and allow PN a chance after all... Hang fire on the cancellation (for now at least) if you would please, I'll use works time to figure out what to do for the best  Wink  and get back to you in a few hours.
Thanks.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I'll keep an eye on my PM box.
Rather than just taking for granted what was appearing on our screens, Mand called the suppliers (and our account manager I believe) to check the order dates and they both told us the same information. So I'm confident we should be ok for the dates given.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
FastJan
Grafter

Just to update this thread, I did indeed decide to hang on that extra week rather than having to wait even longer if I'd decided to go elsewhere at the point I was at last week - and my thoughts on whether I was right to do so can be found on here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,78720.0.html
Smiley