cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Disappointed Customer

badplusnet1

Very Disappointed Customer

I'm a new customer. I switched from Virgin, I wish I had n't. I'll certainly question any  Which ? Magazine review in future.
First PlusNet installed the phone line at the wrong house!! That then had to be rectified. But somehow they mailed the router to the correct address. Broadband cannot be activate until the phone was fixed. Phone was fixed, promises made. Promises broken. Then 3 texts telling the my order is 'stuck in the system' and must be cancelled, another 7 day wait allegedly. No confirmation of new date. It's now 31 days since I ordered PlusNet.
Every time  I call Customer Service they cannot offer solutions, they just repeat back what I tell them. One of them even had the cheek to tell me that I had moved on 15 August - I don't now where he got that from - I know where I live and when I moved there !
I've wasted 7 hours of my life on hold. When I demand to speak to someone in authority, managers promise to take ownership and call back but don't. Apparently, if I don't call them my 'ticket' waits in a pool and it 's impossible to expedite any order. Plus net are a truly appalling example of customer service. If you'll 'do me proud' you must have a feeble definition of pride.  I'd hate to think what your definition of SHAME must be !
If there is no solution offered an appropriate compensation, I'll make it my mission in life to tell any one who will listen to NEVER use PlusNet as a broadband supplier. Angry Cry
13 REPLIES 13
badplusnet1

Re: Very Disappointed Customer

Forgot to add - PlusNet have already taken 2 payments from me - for nothing. I've been mugged.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi,
I'm sorry to hear of your experience so far. We have let you down and I can completely hold my hands up to that, however I also feel that we have had a real bad run of luck with your order as well.
It seems that a third party signed you up on your old address initially. We provisioned you the completely incorrect line because of this.
Now we've managed to get your phone working, we're at this 'stuck in the system' business. I am liaising with our suppliers over this now and will update this post shortly and give you a call.

EDIT: Thanks for speaking with me this afternoon, badplusnet1.
I have raised your issue with our suppliers. They have stated that there is an open exception on your order. By this, they usually mean that they have raised a task to fix a clerical error in their back end systems. I will nag them again on Monday.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
badplusnet1

Hi Matty C,
You're the 3rd person to take 'personal charge' of my case. Let's hope you are better than the previous 2.
Thanks for the admission that you've let me down. That's some progress.
As I said yesterday on the phone, I have been patient enough - I have purchased BT Wifi (Openzone) vouchers to have limited internet access - I have taken advice, and I am expecting this to be fully reimbursed as this is a direct consequence of your failure to supply. In addition, I expect to be reimbursed for any extra charges from my families mobile carriers (Orange and Vodafone) for internet useage. Your inefficiency has cost me money, through no fault of my own. I have 4 children, all with devices going back to school next week, and I anticipate the charges to be high - the sooner you get it fixed the less it will cost you.
I urge other PlusNet customers do the same, if the only way for you to improve your service is by attacking your bottom line, so be it.
badplusnet1

One more thing to add.
Got an e-mail from plusnet telling me my internet has been active for 2 weeks and they 've tested my speed ! What a load of rubbish.
I think they did this just to provoke me !
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: badplusnet1
One more thing to add.
Got an e-mail from plusnet telling me my internet has been active for 2 weeks and they 've tested my speed !

It's an automated email that gets sent two weeks after a line is initially connected. Our systems are measuring this based on the first property that got provided.
Sorry about this, we don't intend on provoking you to make things worse.
I'll be calling you later on this afternoon to discuss your order.
badplusnet1

I now have service !
I must complement Matty C for all his help in this. Unlike his colleagues , he was respectful, apologetic and kept to his word. He was patient and tolerant when I ranted on in frustration. He called me everyday with updates, and importantly made it happen.
However, I wonder what would have happened if I had not posted on this forum - probably nothing ?
Thanks again Matty.
picbits
Rising Star

Welcome onboard Smiley Hopefully you'll be as happy as most of us are now with their service  Smiley
P.s. if you want to change your forum name feel free  Cheesy
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: badplusnet1
Thanks again Matty.

No problem  Smiley
I'm just relieved more than anything that we managed to get you online!
badplusnet1

Hi Matty,
Everything seems to be working. You said we'd talk about compensation once everything was up an running - Call me and make an offer-then I'll change my username.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi,
Sorry for not picking this up yesterday.
I will call you at some point today. Not really to change your username; more because we did agree compensation.
Thanks,
Matty
badplusnet1

Hi Matty,
Not heard anything with respect to compensation ?
Please contact me.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for speaking with me today  Smiley
I have issued the previously agreed discounts onto your account.
Matty