Did you mean: 

Useless customer service

ggolsong

Useless customer service

--
10 REPLIES 10
sunshine123

Re: Useless customer service

Hi, I feel your pain! I have only been with PN since Jan and we are cancelling our contract as soon as we have the money. We've been really disappointed in them.  I unfortunately would not recommend them to anyone.
I hope things work out for you Smiley
ggolsong

Hi Sunshine, thanks for the support.
Regarding the termination of the contract, I don't plan on paying a penny to terminate it. I am fully within my rights to terminate it without having to pay any fees - because Plusnet have not fulfilled their end of the contract.
Hope things work out ok for you too
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

So, ggolsong, you're having a moan here: that's OK Grin
You feel you've been badly treated and so on, but what you seem relauctant to give us is details, that would make it possiblethe skilled members here to give you help.
Why :-\?
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
ggolsong

Lucerne, how much more detail would you like?
I mentioned in my first post that my connection times out - it isn't an internet problem, because if I plug my ethernet cable into my laptop (macbook pro) it works. The problem seems to be with the router/router settings - still today my connection is not back up...I just don't understand why it hasn't repaired itself like it usually does.
It's definitely not a problem with the airport on my macbook pro (that's the wireless internet card), because I can connect to my neighbour's wifi without a problem.
What can you do to help?
Fyi, my router is ( i think) a Thompson 585 (v7)
pierre_pierre
Grafter

are you sure its a V7 as PN havnt shipped those for a long time,  If it is a V8 have you upgraded the software, as there is a known problem with Macs  http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,92497.0.html
Come back here for more help
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Check that you have the latest firmware here http://community.plus.net/library/hardware/how-to-upgradedowngrade-the-firmware-on-the-thomson-585v7...
Updating it might be a problem if you've only got a Mac though.
Try changing the wireless channel on the router , it could be nearby networks on  similar channels are interfering. Channels 1,6 & 11 are the only non-overlapping channels.
Try changing the SSID on the router, the default long one ( PlusNetWireless... ) has been know to give problems with Macs.
Of course it could always be a failing router...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

You might find it useful to download and install a version of  < inSSIDer > suitable for the MAC
choose from here...
http://alternativeto.net/software/inssider/?platform=mac
you will then be able to see your own, and other (possible) conflicting WIFI connections, and choose a suitable alternative channel, that is less prone to interference from your neighbours ...
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Thanks shutter, I wasn't sure if there was a wireless scanner available for the Mac.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Luzern
Hero

Quote from: ggolsong
Lucerne, how much more detail would you like?

Me personally? Wink None! That's why I wrote "skilled", having myself benefitted. Also the Kitz forum can be a good place to put tech queries.
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Luzern
Hero

I wonder if the OP has anything to report? Smiley