Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useage

penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Useage

I have found that recently over the past couple of months, I am getting very close to hitting the useage limit on value..  Now I know most people would say, upgrade to Extra, but I dont feel that I would get anywhere near the 60Gb of that package, and feel it would be a waste... According to the product specs.....
Plusnet Value - an ideal broadband package if you want to browse the web, stream videos online, play games over broadband and download occasional large emails, music files and movies.
All we do, is very much as above, except for downloading movies and music etc.  We have now got Sky Anytime+ as well, which although we dont use alot, is eating into the useage. To be honest I dont know whats used it this month.  I downloaded the whole of season 1 of blue Bloods, but stayed up to start this on the Sky box after midnight, as it took 12Gb.  Other than that, we have downloaded a couple of kids progs that came to just over a Gb, and then its just general web browsing and a little bit of streaming.  I am assuming that the current bandwidth hungry webpages generally is what does it. (Does anyone know of a way of scheduling Sky downloads, if indeed there is a way??)
Personally I dont feel 10Gb is enough, but I dont think 60Gb is warrantied for the useage we do use, 15-20Gb would be more like what we need.  It unfortunately has made me start to look around at other providers, to see whats out there, and moving is something I would be loathed to do, as plusnet have never given me any issues, and any problems I have had, have been dealt with swiftly and professionally.
What I am asking is..... whilst I know there is a product refresh in the offing, and I realise that plusnet cannot go into detail about what they have planned, is there a timescale at all.  Not asking for a definitive date, just is the refresh due in the next couple of weeks or so, or are we looking longer term here.
6 REPLIES 6
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Useage

a clue came in a PN advert of a spcial offer recently = Offer end 29th May.
IIt was only there for a couple of days before the date got removed  Roll_eyes Roll_eyes
penfold
Aspiring Pro

Thanks Pierre.
All I really wanted to know, was if there was a refresh in the offing... If there is, then happy to hang on, but if its going to be ages away, then may have to start to look around a bit, but would be loathed to leave PlusNet.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

At the moment you'd pay an extra £5 for a 5GB increase in your allowance.
I'm really mystified as to why you consider paying an extra £5 per month for an increase of 50GB allowance and lesser traffic restrictions a waste if you don't use it all - I call it an absolute bargain. Think of it like this: you're paying £5 for a 5GB increase (same as on Value) and you also get a free bonus of an extra 45GB!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
penfold
Aspiring Pro

Thanks jelv, i didnt know the traffic restrictions were lighter as well,  Cheesy I will probably upgrade then. With regards to useage, just didnt want to waste it, but looking at it another way, i suppose its always there if needed. Really didnt want to go with another providervlike sky, i am sure their unlimited package cant be sustainable over the longer term, and the phone package isnt as good.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

The traffic management isn't hugely different - you can compare side by side using http://usergroup.plus.net/prodcomp1.php
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
penfold
Aspiring Pro

Yeah, its not much different, particulaly the aspects we use. Will sort the upgrade, once i have it, will prob use more than we think  Crazy Crazy