cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage Upgrade

Laroc
Grafter

Usage Upgrade

Currently on Broadband Your Way option1. I could do with increasing my usage by another 1Gb.
I see from the options it reads:-
£1.00 per GB on Options 2, 3 and Pro, or £1.25 per GB on Option 1 or Essential. 
Cannot understand why Option 1 users are penalised by another 25p.
Surely the increase should be a flat rate for all everyone !
5 REPLIES 5
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Usage Upgrade

Probably a nudge in the direction of an upgrade to a current product Wink
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Laroc
Grafter

You took the words out of my mouth. Looks as though old timers like me on old tariffs are being penalised when it comes to wanting more than the original 2Gb allowance.
Was OK years ago but not any longer.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Laroc,
The difference in price as Strat says is intended to be an incentive to move onto our newer account types rather than as a penalty. Looking at your usage history you would get much better value for your money being on Value
Please let me know if thus is something you are interested in or have any questions about and I'll be more than happy to help.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
James
Grafter

Laroc,
Just to confirm, we increase the price of usage on Option 1 at the same time as we doubled the usage allowance (from 1GB to 2GB).
So we're not that nasty really Smiley
Laroc
Grafter

James/Adam
Thanks for your response,much appreciated. I didn`t think for one moment PN was nasty, the service has been 100% since I joined back in 2008.
Cannot see the point of upgrading to Value.
My 2Gb is on the borderline during the final couple of days of the billing month. Only require another 1Gb, so I see no reason to change to Value giving me an increase of £4.00 per month and 10GB.
I will just opt for the additional 1Gb at £1.25.
Regards to all