cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage Allowances

Boz
Rising Star

Usage Allowances

There was a long thread recently asking whether Plusnet could "increase the basic usage allowances".    My query is slightly different:  Are there any plans in the near future for Plusnet to include in their products a 30GB allowance deal?
I'm currently on a 10GB allowance, and I'm starting to find that this allowance is not quite enough for a whole month.    The only option open to me is to move to the next deal up which includes a 60GB allowance.    But that seems to be much more than I would ever need, and therefore a waste on money.
It would also be interesting to learn why Plusnet decided on the jump from 10GB to 60GB in the first place.

Boz

8 REPLIES 8
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Usage Allowances

Given that the step increase in cost is only £5 per month it is unlikely as the costing model must take into account a significant proportion of users actually using a lot less that 60GB otherwise the increment would be much higher
jamiecooke

I have a similar question...
I currently have a 60gb cap, but given that iTunes are now offering hd downloads, which for a tv series (full series) is approaching 15Gb, I now seem to be struggling with "excess" usage.
I notice the usage caps for fibre are 250gig, but the fact I'm not in a fibre area makes this an impossible option.
I know there is an unmetered time between midnight & 8am, but iTunes doesn't have the capability for scheduled downloads.
Is there a plan to make higher usage allowances available to standard broadband customers and not just fibre customers?
Or is there any way to persuade BT to upgrade more rural areas to fibre?
Many thanks
Jamie
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Using 30GB on value would cost you an extra £20 so getting an increase to 30GB for an extra £5 with a free bonus of another 30GB thrown in for free looks a heck of a bargain to me!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Quote from: jamiecooke
Is there a plan to make higher usage allowances available to standard broadband customers and not just fibre customers?

Plusnet don't announce any product plans they might have in advance so I doubt that question will get an official response here. Earlier in the year an Extra usage option was introduced here and the 120GB per month that option provides is the maximum currently available to non-fibre customers.
However if that isn't sufficient sometimes giving the Customer Options Team a ring on 0800 432 0200 (weekdays 0900-1730) results in reaching a mutually acceptable solution which meets the customer's needs.
David
kdoug007
Grafter

i  was  on  10gbs,,  now on  60  gbs,,,
  and    its  really  good....
    60  takes  a  lot  of  using  !!!.
  and  always  look at the  usage  section    just  to  check up
Boz
Rising Star

Quote from: jelv
Using 30GB on value would cost you an extra £20 so getting an increase to 30GB for an extra £5 with a free bonus of another 30GB thrown in for free looks a heck of a bargain to me!

You're right - compared with the penalty, £5 pm extra it is a bargain.    Perhaps, instead of "waste of money", what I should've said was "waste of allowance", which could be shared with other Plusnet customers.
Boz
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I don't see why you think it's wasted. If everybody used right up to their 60GB allowance Plusnet would have to charge more than a £5 differential compared to Value. The average usage on Extra is below 30GB.
I'm on Extra, my billing date is 3rd Nov and so far I've reached 21.35GB. This is by far my highest usage ever as we were away for four days and there were a number of programmes to catch up with on iPlayer which we watch in HD. I still think it's a bargain in spite of over 30GB being 'unused'.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Are there any plans in the near future for Plusnet to include in their products a 30GB allowance deal?

We don't have any plans for that. Thanks for the feedback about this though.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team