Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updates To Your Service - Bah

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Updates To Your Service - Bah

Got your email yet and what do you think.

In a nutshell.......

Working hard blah blah lots of awards blah blah making improvements blah blah small rise blah blah

The "small" rise is over 10% and what improvements. As for all the awards don't go there.

If you accept their offer then your broadband price won't go up in June. So why the rise other than because they can? And to push you into accepting their offer. Seems all a bit underhand. Must be in line for another award. Business acumen of the year.

42 REPLIES 42
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Re: Updates To Your Service - Bah

Yeah... they always make it sound like they are doing you a favour... however... the catch is... that if you "don`t accept"... then  what they are really saying is.... bog off and find some other service supplier. we ain`t really "that" fussed.

in other words,.. you really have no option BUT to accept, unless you are prepared to have the hassle of chaging everything..

Over a Barrel   sure. Sad

twocvbloke
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 3

Meanwhile, the act of switching is simple, just sign up with another provider and they do the rest... Smiley

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

From 5th June 2018, we’re going to be changing some of our prices and terms and conditions while making improvements to our service. As a result, you’ll see a small £1.00 price rise on your monthly broadband bill, but any discounts or promotions you have will still stand.

It might be understandable if they were able to fix their email service!

They say they offer all sorts of phone enhancements (and more price increases) but I never did trust Plusnet to cope with my phone service.

Don't they have to specify what increases will affect me personally, giving me 28 days to transfer my service instead of listing about 20 varieties of broadband?

BTW Since my monthly account runs from 5th of each month, do different people get different sets of conditions?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

@VileReynard its not just the Webmail ! post was 2 years old last time i looked

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

This seems more like a fishing expedition than a necessary rise driven by increased costs.

I expect the board discussion went something like..........

We're experiencing a major slowdown in new customers. The churn bubbles finally bursting. What shall we do? Drop the new customer price even more. How will we afford it? Easy, add a pound to everyone else's bill. What will we do next year? Put in for early retirement.

I know it's business but it's sad that nobody really expects them to be honest.

Oh for the days of real business letters in brown envelopes.

Now as said all we get are best friend first name emails telling us we're doing you a favour.

As Black Adder would say - with a smile and a stab.

Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's note:

Thread moved from General Chat to Plusnet Feedback.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

I laughed at this statement Funny Our superfast fibre broadband is even faster - we’ve increased upload speeds from up to 1.9Mbps to up to 9.5Mbps (that’s 5 x faster) ?

i already get over 9.5Mbps so i am not faster Crazy2

The Uswitch award again , not realy all that special after all the Survey was only a small sample 5,600 a small percentage of customers Undecided

so you know you’re in the best hands. ?   so how come its impossible for Plusnet to fix WebMail and introduce a billing system that works ?

Apart from that Plusnet is ok

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Minivanman
Legend
Fixes: 1

@twocvbloke

Not so simple if you are tied into a contract. Sad

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

if you're leaving because of the price rise then you can leave within contract.
Also if you have caller id then the net effect is 0.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
twocvbloke
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 3

@Minivanman wrote:

Contract changes offered, not accepting the changes means contract is released, therefore, you're no longer tied in... Smiley

RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@Minivanman wrote:

But as you're on the FTTP trial (and no lime rental payable) surely you won't be tied into a contract with PN as no contract is involved?

Having said that, there have been cases of a contract being applied in error to some FTTP 'trial' users, so if your Account Details section on the PN Portal is showing you as being contracted or some (reducing monthly) penalty for leaving early, then that will be an example of the error mentioned.  If so it's easy to get the contract/charges removed by explaining the situation on the FTTP trials forum.  Wink

Edit:  Just realised perhaps you had an existing ADSL contract running when you joined the trial.

However, I'm in a broadly similar situation to you (I also use VoIP for all my calls, but I've retained my copper line with another provider) and I think I'd be hard pushed to find a cheaper FTTP provider.  Wink

geehawk
Rising Star

Every so often I consider upgrading my basic legacy broadband package, to Fibre and phone, and almost always come to the conclusion I would probably regret it.

Last week I had an issue with my phone line (no dial tone), went online on my mobile was able to report the fault to BT, have BT test and confirm the fault and was speaking to an engineer 3 hours later when the fault was sorted.

Not with any part of my being do I think I will get that sort of service from Plusnet, despite all the 'Awards' they have won ...

The only reason I stay is because of the perks I still have like webspace, hosted domains with email etc.. that almost nobody offers any more ... certainly not for what I'm paying.

I keep thinking 'why do the new customers get all the offers' saw this recent email and got excited for a moment, but it's nothing short of blackmail really.

Minivanman
Legend
Fixes: 1

@RobPN

Points taken and yes, I was on an ADSL contract but as with all things these days I review them at the end before continuing - but as you say, hard put to find a cheaper provider so.....

As for the FTTP, so far so good with no problems, and not sure if we are unique here but since hooking up through the Plusnet trial and then mentioning it to them, both of my neighbours are now on FTTP as well - one with BT and the other with Zen so it has been interesting to compare performance, service, and those all important costs.    

As for line rental no, not anymore more, but Plusnet did increase my internet charge by £3 a month when I cancelled and although no great shakes I was rather miffed about it and as I said at the time, it was not the cost, it was the principle. 

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@Minivanman wrote:

As for the FTTP, so far so good with no problems, and not sure if we are unique here but since hooking up through the Plusnet trial and then mentioning it to them, both of my neighbours are now on FTTP as well - one with BT and the other with Zen so it has been interesting to compare performance, service, and those all important costs.    

It's a shame you didn't refer them to PN for their FTTP (i.e. first move their ADSL to PN, then join the FTTP trial).  That way you could have all benefitted financially - you would have received a referral value of 75p per month per broadband referral off your own bill - they would have saved by having to pay the same low costs as you with no line rental!

Although my own referrals have dropped as people have left PN, I'm still getting £3.75 pm reduction.

@Minivanman wrote:

As for line rental no, not anymore more, but Plusnet did increase my internet charge by £3 a month when I cancelled ... 

I think you meant £2.50  Wink