Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update marketing preferences

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Re: Update marketing preferences

No @jgb as those banners are by design. I've passed on feedback that a couple of customers don't like them, but there are no plans to remove/change them that I'm aware of yet.;

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

@JonoH  - It is not that I don't like the banners, it is the fact that they keep appearing even after updating marketing preferences (several times) as the banner suggests. It looks as if a link is broken somewhere in the background code.

JonoH
Hero

That's interesting, I'll raise that with the owner of member centre on his return. 

Jono H
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@jgb 

Do you clean out your cookies?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jgb
Champion

@Townman  Yes - and I have also logged in for the first time on a new laptop and I still get that banner.

I have now tried, yet again, updating and submitting my marketing preferences and shall see if that stops the banner appearing this time. However, as my preferences are not what I suspect PN would like (i.e. I want very few communications) I suspect the pestering to continue!

JonoH
Hero

@jgb wrote:

However, as my preferences are not what I suspect PN would like (i.e. I want very few communications) I suspect the pestering to continue!

Your selections or lack thereof make no difference to the frequency of the banner. 

Jono H
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

I suspect (fear) that the tool kit (platform) on which the portal is run, uses cookies to record that you have reviewed the settings, any changes being recorded on the server.  Its just a hunch like! Wink

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jgb
Champion

@JonoH @Townman 

Well, I have now, yet again, received the PN email confirming my selection re marketing preferences, and so shall see if the issues resolves. Nevertheless, I shall now ignore any such banners, as life is too short to pursue this further.

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

I see that "marketing preferences" now says:-

Screenshot_on_2019-08-27_15-35-51.png

Where can I find the "lack of Privacy Policy"?

Is Plusnet the new Facebook?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."