Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unreliable connection today

fotobits
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Unreliable connection today

I have experienced unreliable connections to the internet today and to a lesser extent to email..
Am I alone?  In other words is it a fault at my end?
I have restarted my router a couple of times and cut off it's power once.
Regards
PS currently both services are working.
10 REPLIES 10
fotobits
Rising Star

Re: Unreliable connection today

Oh!  I see there's a Status message about these faults.
Glad it's not me!
Regards
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

You may have been affected by this
http://www.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=2&support_action=messages&ispservice_id=services
read the first two messages "together"
I could not connect this morning at 0655, phoned broadband faults, to hear the above message.....
Remember..... do not keep "re-booting".  as the equipment will think that you have a line fault, and drop your synch speed...
re-boot once, after switching off for at least 15 minutes..... then do not re-boot again for at least 1 hour.... (if needed.)  

You have seen it. as I was typing this ! ! !
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I must have been on the failed router THN? as now on PTE
llennoc
Grafter

No, it's not just you. Getting really lousy speed with this service - I'm supposed to be on the special 'gamer pro' service and I'm getting 3 meg and lousy pings.

What's the trick to getting a fast sync again? Is it 'the longer you leave it off between connections, the better'? So if I set my router on a timer which turned it off at 6am and on at 7am for the next three days or so - would that convince the software at the other end that the problems are not mine?  Sad

pierre_pierre
Grafter

the simple answer is to read the services status, it been bad all day a failure at the London data centre
Data Centre Outage (59918) - NEW
Services
Posted on: Monday 28 December 2009, 06:11
We are currently experiencing a power failure at one of our London Datacentres.
This has caused a number of customers to be disconnected and may also cause problems with email as well as general web browsing.
Our engineers are working to restore service as soon as possible.
Sorry for any problems this is causing you.
Kind Regards,

Data Centre Outage (59918) - UPDATE
Services
Posted on: Monday 28 December 2009, 15:55
Further information has been received advising that the replacement part has now been fitted. Customers should now see improvements in their speeds and the data transfer issue is now resolved.
Our network engineers will continue to monitor our platform before fully closing this issue.
Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Kind Regards,
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@llennoc
What kind of speeds does the BT Speedtester give you now? Your profile is at 6000 so it should be higher than you saw yesterday (although the data centre issues won't have helped).
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
exporters
Grafter

I am also experiencing disconnection problems. Started the beginning of this week, once or twice each day but today Friday, on three occasions so far.
Total frustration when one is in the middle of a job.  I have to use the 'restart' facility on the Thomson but download speed is dropping off [that being the original reason for ticket  ID: 31200280].
Not a good way to start the New Year!
Mand
Grafter

@fotobits, you've got a connection going which has been ongoing for 7 days, is the situation resolved now?
@exporters, looks like things are much better for you now? The fault is with BT still though, so they may be able to improve things further.
fotobits
Rising Star

Yes Mand, I've enjoyed the usual reliable service from later on the day of my original comment.  This includes VoIP, too.
I would like to emphasise, Mand, that my original observation was purely to determine where the problem lay.  I am an extremely satisfied PlusNet user of some 6-years (next month)..... Internet, email, Home Phone, Broadband Phone.....and over the years, following some hiccups in the early days, the service has become consistently superb.
I only wonder why everyone doesn't use PlusNet!
Many thanks for monitoring this matter, Mand.
Noel
PS A good New Year to you all, too!
exporters
Grafter

Mand, I've just come across your comment under Reply #8. 
Thank you, I too thought all was starting to look good but fell over yesterday & not helped today with electric power supply off/on.  I'll await the verdict of BT as you say; guess it may be a good few days before they get back to normality with this weather.