cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unacceptable customer service!

Skimmers73

Unacceptable customer service!

Having been with PN for a number of years, possibly over a decade, I had a better offer from a new provider and used their switching service.

Called up PN today to query why I had been sent a bill for this month, [-Censored-].

Absolutely ZERO, and I mean ZERO customer service skills, extremely rude arrogant, very very condescending generally a poor stinking attitude.

How on earth has <Redacted> got employment with PN who pride themselves on customer service? Does she genuinely work for PN?

If she does then you need to take her off customer facing roles, she will destroy the company.

Absolutely disgusting attitude, all she has done is confirm that I made the right move joining another provider, and to think I would have considered PN when my contract with Vodafone came to an end, not a chance now.

Moderator's note:
Personal information removed from a public forum (to an area that staff can see).
Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Insult(s) removed as per Forum rules.
8 REPLIES 8
Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Re: Unacceptable customer service!

If your attitude in this post is similar to your first approach, maybe the person concerned might be excused for reciprocating. Thank you Mav for swiftly removing the offensive items.

Skimmers73

In that case then the employee is obviously suited to her role.

The fact is that her attitude was arrogant and condescending, and that's something for PN to deal with, I have the recording as do they, I'll wait for them to investigate.

Thanks for your opinion.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

Did you have the agent’s consent to record the call? https://www.dialpad.com/uk/blog/recording-phone-calls/#:~:text=Yes%2C%20in%20the%20United%20Kingdom,...).

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Those rules are for businesses, and don't apply to individuals.

An individual ONLY needs to ask for consent to record a UK call IF the recording is going to be shared with a third party !

In this case there is no third party, only the customer "for personal use" and Plusnet (the other party).

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Skimmers73  good for you, for highlighting the bad experience you encountered.

Although it must be demoralising working in the call centre of a sinking ship with inadequately trained crew !

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

https://www.dma-law.co.uk/is-it-illegal-to-record-conversations/

“Recording a conversation in secret is not a criminal offence and is not prohibited. As long as the recording is for personal use you don’t need to obtain consent or let the other person know.
Things change if the matter is addressed with a claim for damages or if the recordings have been shared without the consent of the participants.”

If your purpose of recording is to potentially support a complaint (possibly seeking compensation) you need consent. If nothing else, recording someone but not telling them you are doing so lacks common courtesy. Think about how you would feel if it were done to you - treat others as you would like them to treat you.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Skimmers73

Not informing someone that the call is being recorded doesn't lack common courtesy, that's simply your opinion.

You don't need consent to record your calls, ever.

Companies record phone calls as a matter of routine, as do I, which is why I find it incredible that employees lack customer service skills and treat customers with such unacceptable behaviour.

This post is about the customer diservice, not the legality or morality about recording phone calls.

Skimmers73

Don't need it.