cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UK call centre ?

fockewulf
Grafter

UK call centre ?

Been thinking about switching to fibre and noticed there were getting to be some good deals about so tried calling plusnet this morning to see what they might offer but I could hardly understand a word the guy, I got connected to, said so I gave up.

I have now signed up to BT Infinity!

15 REPLIES 15
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: UK call centre ?

Sheffield and Leeds are the two call centres.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
All4One
Grafter

UK call centres doesn't necessarily mean all UK Yorkshire accented agents wearing flatcaps.

fockewulf
Grafter

Eee-by-gum-lad, if only!

I suspect the guy I was trying to talk to was possibly eastern european, though he could have been wearing a flat cap, but either way his English was not too good.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Sadly having a UK call centre is no longer any assurance that the person responding will have a good command of the English language as their native tongue.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jockwav
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

@fockewulf wrote:

Been thinking about switching to fibre and noticed there were getting to be some good deals about so tried calling plusnet this morning to see what they might offer but I could hardly understand a word the guy, I got connected to, said so I gave up.

I have now signed up to BT Infinity!

How are you finding  BT infinity,i am considering a move to them.Smiley

https://www.flickr.com/photos/james_bingham/
fockewulf
Grafter

We don't get connected until wednesday but they seem efficient in the switch-over so far and it is relatively quick, I think the move to Plusnet took about 30 days.

If you are still in contract get a definite quote for termination charges, I phoned and thought I had a price, and got an email that seemed to confirm it but they appear to be trying to double it now.

Plusnet did decide to make an offer for a switch to fibre but it was more than the BT deal, even factoring in the extra termination charges and they wanted me to contract for 24 months where BT is 12 months.

jockwav
Aspiring Pro

Well my contract ends at the end of this month,so not long to go & i think i am definately going with BT.Smiley

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules

southerner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Sorry to put a damper on things but from what I remember of BT it's only the sales calls that are UK based and once I was a customer I was straight off-shored for any 'support'

alanf
Aspiring Pro

Re BT

"The group said as a result of this feedback, it would ensure that at least 80% of calls were answered from the UK by the end of the year, up from more than 50% currently.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/jan/18/bt-hires-1000-uk-staff-after-complaints-indian-call...

southerner
Aspiring Pro

Wow! That's certainly a step in a good direction.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

I was particularly interested by the throw-away comment at the end of that article...

BT customers will be able to track engineers ahead of an appointment

That would necessitate BT Retail and their customers having live access to BTOR staff scheduling data.  It is clear that the suggestion that BT Retail is on the same level playing field as all other ISPs is a total sham.

A major overhaul of the industry is needed to remove the clear bias of BTOR and BTw towards their BT branded retail division and against other ISPs resellers.  I have deep concerns that when it comes to dealing with the BT supply divisions, PlusNET never get their 'A Team' (on-shore) resources.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@Townman

What it suggest is that BT Retail have interfaced to the BTOR system successfully which is a service that any other ISP can request. 

Of course, that means the ISP has to spend money to do the integration  work and have a computer system that works. Which unfortunately isn't Plusnet as their back office systems are, how to politely say this, rubbish.

I have no links to any of the organisations mentioned in this post other than as customer to Plusnet.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
jockwav
Aspiring Pro

@alanf wrote:

Re BT

"The group said as a result of this feedback, it would ensure that at least 80% of calls were answered from the UK by the end of the year, up from more than 50% currently.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/jan/18/bt-hires-1000-uk-staff-after-complaints-indian-call...

That is why i am looking to move to BT,my contract with PN ends on 31/05/Smiley

fockewulf
Grafter

Just got connected to BT, it's taken about 5 hours instead of the 30 mins they told us originally, I made a couple of calls to see what was happening, one guy was definitely English, the other had an asian? accent but it was no problem understanding him, though he wasn't all that helpful, ended up just saying to wait.