cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So far I am unimpressed with Plusnet, issues with Internet now issues with youview.

mck381g
Hooked

So far I am unimpressed with Plusnet, issues with Internet now issues with youview.

I had Plusnet FIbre+ installed on 16th May and instantly I had an issue with it disconecting about every 5-10 minutes, I logged a fault and did load of self diagnostics that i was asked to do, it was escalated to openreach and By 18th i hadnt head anything so called support myself, aparently they had fixed the line overnight and to confirm this it was now stable. 

I was estimated to get the speeds below taken from the email:

The estimated broadband speed range for your line is between 52.7Mb and 69.1Mb

realistically the router states it has connected at about 45Mb but the best I have ever got was around 27Mb and this is straight after a restart of the router to do their tests but after about 3-4 hours later the speed drops to around 15-20Mb which I am not happy about and will not be paying for Fibre Extra if this is all I can expect.

I have also signed up to Youview+ and my box arrived yesterday but none of the extra entertainment channels are working, i have called support and after being on the phone for over 30 mins restarting the router and youview box the person put the phone down on me,  I called back and had to start from the beginning explaining what was wrong and this time a Support question was raised, the problem when googled and searched the forums seems relatively common.  on all extra channels i am getting BTV-437 which i was told by the guy on the phone that as they use the BT Vision network it is out of their hands but a support ticket had been raised but basically it was down to my box not registering and activating the extra channels correctly, he also said that I was about the 4th person today to have this error.

I am now beginning to regret ever moving to Plusnet with their slow internet speeds and now youview that I am paying for and not getting, I almost wish i stuck with sky but theres still time to change my opinion

I will be giving plusnet 14 days from the Youview box arriving (6th June) and if they have not resolved the issue of the extra channels and if after the 10 days broadband warm up time the speeds haven't increased dramatically I will be holding them in breach of their own contracts and be cancelling my services with them.

6 REPLIES 6
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: So far I am unimpressed with Plusnet, issues with Internet now issues with youview.

Sorry to hear you've been experiencing problems with the service.

In regards to the speeds, it's possible that there may still be a fault on your line causing the issue despite the drop-outs being resolved previously.

I'd recommend raising a new fault at http://faults.plus.net so we can investigate that matter further for you. As the sync speed is still below the estimates for your line.

I'm looking in to the issues you're experiencing with the TV channels packs at the moment and I'll try to get that picked up asap for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Paul_Corfield
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: So far I am unimpressed with Plusnet, issues with Internet now issues with youview.

I've got the same channel pack problem as the guy that started the thread, error BTV-437. My youview box arrived last Saturday, set it all up and no extra channels will work. Just had an engineer round that Plusnet sent out and no problems can be found at my end. Tried a new youview box, new cables, new hub etc and nothing worked, same BTV-437 errors on all channels in the channel pack. Problem has been escalated with no idea when it will be fixed or even if it will be fixed the guy on the phone at Plusnet said. Great!

Paul.

mck381g
Hooked

That's not good news dude, the guy on the phone yesterday said there had been a few calls about this issue so surely plusnet need to do something before people loose faith in them and leave for someone who can actually provide the service like any of their competitors.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

As far as I can tell, the channels haven't activated when the box is initially plugged in. If the system doesn't see the box connected within 10 days, the channels should activate.

I'll take both of these as examples to investigate further, however as far as I can tell (At least on your account @mck381g) we're not actually charging for the channels yet. If I can't get the channels activated manually, they should activate on day 10 automatically.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
mck381g
Hooked

The problem with this though, I wanted youview with the extra channels and it was a coin toss between the dreadful talktalk and plusnet, and talk talk for all their flaws can actually provide that even if you can't get hold of anyone on customer support. I'm my eyes saying it will take 10 days to activate is just buying time and that is completely unacceptable. Imagine having a sky dish installed or a new washing machine installed only to find out that it doesn't actually work but Might work after 10 days maybe never. It's not your fault and I realise that I am not being charged until I get the channels but I need something reliable and I need a date when it will work as I now have all the plusnet provided equipment so they can either provide me with the service that I wanted and willing to pay for or plusnet can arrange collection of the youview box and router and I will take all of my business elsewhere.

Something else I have tried, I have even tried starting up into the maintenance/engineers menu and forcing a re-download of the software as well as all of the other options in there.

I really want plusnet to work for me, I like their offering and their whole ethos that comes across but if they can't provide the goods then I might have to start looking elsewhere after less than 2 weeks
Paul_Corfield
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Apart from this one thing with the new youview box error I've had nearly 3 trouble free years with Plusnet. Can't really find a bad thing to say about them from my own experience. If the youview comes on after 10 days of signing up then that will be the only minor niggle I've had. My Unlimited Fibre Extra is giving me 55.3mb download and 18.76 upload this morning via ethernet cable. When I first joined I was getting an average of 63mb download so that has dropped off a bit, not sure why but I guess it's still in the acceptable range for my property.

Paul.