cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Twin Peaks?

Spruance
Grafter

Twin Peaks?

I transferred to the unlimited broadband package when it was launched earlier this year and from that point the usage monitor stopped splitting my usage into peak (i.e. paid for) and off peak (i.e. free). After all this made sense as I was assured when I signed up that there were genuinely no limits.
I was always careful when on the previous 30Gb monthly limit to never exceed my allowance, but since being on the unlimited package have cast caution to the wind and think nothing of watching online video clips as the mood strikes, or downloading hefty BBC iPlayer content whilst often having Internet radio running in the background when I am online, and consequently my actual usage has increased substantially. This month I am already just a shade over 29Gb with still 4 days of my charging period to run.
The reason for this post is that I note that Plusnet have now reverted to the practice of splitting peak and off-peak usage. Why is this? Are they having second thoughts about the unlimited deal?
3 REPLIES 3
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Twin Peaks?

The split was actually requested by a number of customers in the forum, don't worry we aren't introducing a usage allowance on the unlimited product! It's just so you can see how much you are using overnight and during the day easier.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
scootie
Grafter

as above spurance we thought it would be handy to see this data spilt to better inform us if a change of product would make sense as it was there was no easy way to to tell how much usage was done bettween 8am and midnight on unlimted
29Gb with 4 days left.
try 29Gb  a week  Smiley
Spruance
Grafter

Thanks to you both for the confirmation. I don't visit the forum very often as not much goes wrong on Plusnet (in my experience Wink ) so there's no need.