cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage Metering

Appoloin
Dabbler

Usage Metering

I was checking my account's usage and something looks wrong,  the peak and off peak figures are in the wrong columns.    My account rolled over and was converted to Unlimited at midnight so the peak usage should be zero.
Key: Peak usage  Peak usage:  1.16GB  0am - Midnight 
Key: Off-Peak usage Off-peak usage: 0KB Midnight - 0am
40 REPLIES 40
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Usage Metering

Unlimited doesn't have a peak and of peak so everything is shown in peak
James
Grafter

Yep, as Jim has mentioned, all usage will be shown in peak.
madjbright
Grafter

Wouldn't it make more sense to put all of the Unlimited usage into Off peak because people tend to associate Peak with metered and Off peak with un-metered and all of the Unlimited usage is un-metered.
adie:quote
James
Grafter

As far as I'm concerned it wouldn't make any difference at all Smiley
There are no usage limits, so it really doesn't matter where the usage is appearing.  The usage is there for your visibility and has no impact on your account at all.
coastergrotto
Grafter

I agree with madjbright.  This the second time, as far as I know, a question such as this has been raised.      Think of the many users of Unlimited who never read the forums, it must have them wondering.      Another solution is just to remove Off Peak and Peak and just record it as Unlimited.
zubel
Community Veteran

I'd like to see it kept as old "peak" and "off-peak".
Simple reason is that if you're evaluating a move to, say, Pro then it's useful to know your approximate traffic use in each band.
of course, Jameseh will now yell at me on MSN and tell me to stop it Wink
B.
coastergrotto
Grafter

I'd go along with that.  I feel it would be beneficial. 
scootie
Grafter

second that barry. 
i want peak and off peak so i can see type of traffic used in peak time as p2p just swamps the traffic by type graph as it is.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

That was the thought I had about a week or so ago when I first started see queries on this.
If it's split into peak/off-peak the latter being 0000 - 0800 (unless you're on a legacy product where it is different of course) then a user can evalute their usage patterns in relation to which package may suit best, or what time to do certain things etc.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: Barry
Simple reason is that if you're evaluating a move to, say, Pro then it's useful to know your approximate traffic use in each band.

That would be my preference too. The legacy non-PAYG based Premier account did this so I can't see any technical limitations standing in our way of doing the same for Unlimited.
I asked this question too when I got moved to Unlimited. I'll try to remember to find out how much work a change would involve when I'm in the office next week.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

coastergrotto
Grafter

Thanks Bob, I think it would prove useful to be able to monitor our Peak and Off Peak usage.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Well done Bob.
scootie
Grafter

this is a PM i got from some one who had a temp measure for a sig to some streaming that was being picked up wrong and would appear that they have peak and off peak on unlimited now.
Yes, my VMBU page recorded off peak usage last night:
Peak usage:    3.78GB        8am - Midnight   
Off-peak usage:    5.99GB      Midnight - 8am   
    Total usage:    9.77GB
So, I must have used 5.99GB between midnight last night and 8am this morning (which sounds plausible as I was running some extra stream captures to have a look at this morning).  I just wondered if it meant that they had moved me to some sort of hybrid between unlimited and pro (as pro would have the peak and off peak hours, but the heading still says unlimited).

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: ASBO
this is a PM i got from some one who had a temp measure for a sig to some streaming that was being picked up wrong and would appear that they have peak and off peak on unlimited now.

Hmm, really? I've still only got peak usage recorded.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵