cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to leave

ajsvoice
Grafter

Trying to leave

I'm moving house next Friday and I'm trying to let Plusnet know. Having been told by the website to phone 0800 432 0200 I've spent 20 minutes waiting to speak to someone only to be told they can't do anything and I need to ring 0845 1406002 on Monday (when I'll be at work and it will not be convenient).
Why make this so difficult? There is no good reason why this could not have been sorted by the person I spoke to today. Or why can't there be a web form for this? Plusnet are more than happy for people to sign up this way. Absolutely ridiculous.
28 REPLIES 28
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Trying to leave

First - forget about 0845 number - somebody wants shooting giving that out http://www.plus.net/home-broadband/contact/
You say you are moving house next Friday - I assume this was rather unexpected.
Do you want to cancel or initiate a house move
If it is a house move and you want to move the service then you don't need cancellations and it can be sorted using normal support
If you are cancelling then you are stuck with calling during the week
ajsvoice
Grafter

I just want to cancel as I'm moving to another property where I have phone/broadband already. I presume I have to phone 0845 1406002 Mon-Fri 9 - 5.30 (which I bet will mean a lengthy wait).
Or can I use 0345 140 0200?
I'm told there is an address I can write to? What is it?
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

From Jim's link
Cancellations  0800 432 0200     9am - 5.30pm Mon to Fri

Our Address
Plusnet, The Balance, 2 Pinfold Street, Sheffield S1 2GU

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

"3. Giving us notice
If you ask us to cancel your service we need 30 days notice if you're on Plusnet Essentials or Unlimited (sold from November 2012), or 10 days notice if you're on any other product - unless your service terms say otherwise.
Cancellations are subject to minimum contract periods and the payment of any outstanding and/or deferred amount. You can see if we need you to pay any deferred costs by checking your Account Summary."
http://www.plus.net/support/customer_service/using/request_mac_key.shtml#mac03
ajsvoice
Grafter

I didn't know I was moving for certain until yesterday. I'm on Value and have no argument to pay up the 10 days notice and £25 charge.
However the process should be easier - you shouldn't be restricted to phoning one limited team within business hours.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi ajsvoice,
I've arranged for a colleague to call you at a more hopefully convenient time.
ajsvoice
Grafter

MAC please

my 12 months is up and I would like a MAC please. I have lost the will to live trying to get it by phone: please email it to me.
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

As pointed out many times before in the Forum, one has to follow the laid down procedures to get a MAC.
Something I personally do not understand, is that your last post was in January '13! Most folk with some sort of gripe, which one might assume you have to want to leave, I think, would have  posted more frequently.
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
picbits
Rising Star

As above, the only way you'll get a MAC code is to either write in to them requesting it or by calling the cancellations and confirming who you are.
It cannot be done by email or ticket.
ajsvoice
Grafter

There's no reason why it should be made so difficult to get a MAC - other than the company trying to make it difficult for people to leave,
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I'm sure Plusnet would prefer to have only the phone route as it gives them the opportunity to discover why a customer wishes to leave and offer an incentive to stay.
However OFCOM stipulates at least 2 methods of requesting a MAC must be offered.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
bmgrt
Dabbler

Just intrigued really...
ajsvoice seems to want to cancel Plusnet as he's moving to a place where he already has "phone/broadband" as opposed to wanting to "switch" ISP, so, is a MAC actually required in such a case ?
pwatson
Rising Star

I suspect his circumstances changed - the thread started nearly 12 months ago (when he was moving) and has now been resurrected talking about MACs
ajsvoice
Grafter

Quote from: Strat
I'm sure Plusnet would prefer to have only the phone route as it gives them the opportunity to discover why a customer wishes to leave and offer an incentive to stay.
However OFCOM stipulates at least 2 methods of requesting a MAC must be offered.

Choose the 2 most inefficient methods: by letter and by a phone number that is never answered. Shrewd.