Grafter

Trust Pilot Review Page.

37 REPLIES 37
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Re: Trust Pilot Review Page.

Wow that really is, shockingly bad. Lets hope management see this, and act upon on it.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

picbits
Rising Star

Not brilliant reviews !
However you make yourself look somewhat naive by ranting on that they are charging you for 76Mb while you are receiving a lower speed.
I have *never* come across an ISP which charges you pro-forma for the speed you are getting. If your equipment and BT's lines were up to speed and you lived closer to the cabinet, you would be getting the 76Mb download.
My next door neighbour is on TalkTalk FTTC, same distance from the cabinet and similar setup  and she is getting around 30Mb/s speed while I'm getting 56Mb/s
picbits
Rising Star

@Flexo1966 - out of curiosity, if Plusnet do decide to release you etc etc, who would your preferred ISP be and what package would you choose from them and why ?
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Read all of the reviews carefully and you will discern that they ALL relate to BTOR failures in the first instance.  Yes there after PlusNET do not appear to have managed things well, but given the volume of BTOR cock-ups this is not surprising.
So which other ISP do these ranters think they can turn to which will avoid the organisation which fails repeatedly to deliver on their appointments?
Aside from Virgin Media they ALL have to use BTOR!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

DaveyH
Champion
Fixes: 12

Quote from: flexo1966
https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/www.plus.net
Says it all really.

What does no Mac support mean?
TORPC
Grafter

I guess as it states
No support for mac o/s

Apples version of an operating system Wink
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

it's odd as all 5 of my macs have no issues Roll_eyes
i guess that's the problem when people review things they don't quite understand Wink
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
picbits
Rising Star

I see failings in those reviews relating to the the call waiting times for support from Plusnet. I also see issues with billing problems when trawling through a few more pages.
I also see a lot of disgruntled (ex)customers who haven't read the T&Cs correctly and are throwing strops when leaving due to having to pay charges which they should have been aware of when they signed up (cancellation fees and early cancellation charges etc).
Flexo1966's review makes it appear that you can't use a Mac on the PN when in reality it is some free software they offer for the majority of users hardware (which I suspect the majority of users don't actually use anyway). I didn't expect a family filter when I signed up as it wasn't offered. I didn't expect a free case of wine, a free car, a visit from the Pope or a free television - these were also not options offered when I signed up.
I will however say that while I am still recommending Plusnet to friends and family at the moment it is because they are the best of a bad lot of offerings at the moment. Due to the issues with call wait times (which I also point out as a major downside) I won't recommend anyone via the referrer program. I am perfectly happy with my own service and always have been but I like to give an objective opinion to any future customers.
picbits
Rising Star

Quote from: dvorak
it's odd as all 5 of my macs have no issues Roll_eyes

I'll see your 5 Macs and raise you :
6 Windows PC's / Laptops
1 Windows Phone
2 Android Phones
1 Apple iPhone
1 Samsung TV
1 Youview box
2 BluRay Players
1 Xbox 360
1 PS3
4 Access points
12 Linux machines
2 DVR's
None of which I have had any issues with due to Plusnets network.
(There are another 20ish wireless modules which should come online this year as well but as they are part of an embedded controller project I won't include those yet ......)
TORPC
Grafter

The one did not show any compassion considering
[quote= https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/www.plus.net/53e7aa2300006400029dbe0c]Engineer could not fix fault due to finding a dead body
@Least PN are on the case
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: DomS
I'll see your 5 Macs and raise you :
<snip list>

Remind us again where you live?...
Cool
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Cupertino Wink
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Quote from: TORPC
The one did not show any compassion considering
[quote= https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/www.plus.net/53e7aa2300006400029dbe0c]Engineer could not fix fault due to finding a dead body

@Least PN are on the case

Yup heartless woman!  Clearly also did not comprehend that it was a BTOR engineer (or quite likely contractor) who was failing to deliver, not PlusNet.
At that point I was too exasperated to explain that at 5pm it was too late to contact work to ask to take another day’s annual leave for the following day in case Plusnet arrived to attempt to fix the broadband for the second time

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

interesting BT are a lot worse and although TalkTalk are a lot better it appears that all the negative reviews have been removed because of lack of proof of purchase