cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer from MAAF

Ally23

Transfer from MAAF

My husband and I have been very satisfied MAAF customers for many years. For reasons I don't need to go into, we each have a separate landline and separate MAAF account.
However both phone bills were on one BT account and going back into the distant past, (when I was the only one with a job and we weren't yet married), this account was under my maiden name.
Back in late 2015 I got an email about MAAF closing. I rang up and switched both my broadband AND landline phone to Plusnet, retaining my MAAF email address and it all went pretty smoothly.
To date, my husband has received NO communication from either MAAF or Plusnet. I had obviously told him about the one I got, so he attempted several times to ring up but got no reply. He abandoned the issue till after Christmas. Round about the closure date, he finally got through but the Plusnet person seemed to be insisting he move his phone to them too.
So my first question is this - is it truly not possible any more to have phone from one company and internet from another? Or were the two of them talking at cross purposes?
I know "line rental" is a pre-requisite but is this just a way of disguising the true cost - like showing the cost of VAT separately when you buy something - or does it really mean changing from BT to Plusnet for calls?
It was arranged for a Plusnet advisor to ring my husband the next day. No one did. We stayed in all day just in case. That was several weeks ago.
My husband is, frankly, furious at the poor service from Plusnet. He refuses to phone up again. In the meantime, his router has died (he is connecting via mine) but I note that the direct debits to MAAF are still going through, so he is currently paying almost £30 per month for nothing.
He would like to stay with the company (no matter how mad this may seem in the light of the poor treatment!) as he has a website set up which he doesn't want to have to move and the email address shown on it is widely known.
It would be enormously helpful if anyone could offer an email address for my husband to use to contact Plusnet customer service directly. He no longer has any confidence that phoning will work, even if he had the patience to hang on which he doesn't, and wants a contact method that will be in writing.
7 REPLIES 7
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Transfer from MAAF

There is no e mail facility to contact Cust. Service. You have to phone & wait or try CHAT which also often has delays; it's
likely to be quicker bet.
See link at base;
https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/contact/
I recall you'll have to wait until 10am Cry
Cust. Service has gone downhill badly in recent years, and previous methods of contact such as
The Ticket system have been dropped, as has 24/7 phone support.
runhare
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

According to help and support :
Customer support
    0800 432 0200 (from within the UK)

7.30am - 10pm, every day Please have your username and password handy.
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hello there. I'm sorry for the issues your husband is experiencing with the transfer. It is possible to order a broadband only product from us, however it is usually more expensive. As Gel has advised, we don't have an email address, unfortunately. Our new webchat service is available everyday 7:30AM-10PM, if he doesn't have time to phone.
However, I would be happy to look into the issues and give him a call back over the weekend. If you PM me his username, I'll contact the details on his account.
Alternatively, if he would like to write a letter, our postal address is Plusnet PLC, 2 Pinfold Street, Sheffield, S1 2GU
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Ally23

Thanks everybody. I am (hopefully) putting OH in touch with Anoush, so fingers crossed!
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

I have transferred your husband to our customer options team to migrate his service to Plusnet as he had not yet spoken with that department. If there are any issues, please do let me know.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Ally23

Yes. Unfortunately he was immediately told he was in a 15 minute queue, and rang off.
I think he intends to write, but may try webchat.
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

I'm sorry that he didn't get through to that department and that I couldn't resolve the issue myself.
After looking into the account I realised that the brand migration from Madasafish to Plusnet had not yet been started, and our Customer Options Team are the only department who can initiate that.
The transfer can only be done over the phone unfortunately as a new Plusnet contract would need to be agreed. I would recommend him calling them directly on 0800 013 2632 (open 0900 to 1700 tomorrow, but Monday-Friday 0800-2000).