Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trading standard

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Trading standard

We're a Yorkshire-based provider selling broadband and phone services to homes and businesses throughout the UK.
Winner of the ISPA 2010 'Best Consumer Customer Service ISP' Award, we're proud to offer the UK's best value standalone broadband.

Bearing in mind the present advertising on T.V... and the bold announcements that PlusNet is an "award winning service"....
Bearing in mind, the recent withdrawal of 24/7 customer support
Bearing in mind the poor quality of customer service reported on this forum  over the past 5 years
Surely, PlusNet cannot justify calling themselves an "award winning service" based on an award given FIVE years ago...

I often see B&B, Guest Houses and Hotels with plaques outside boasting of the award of a "star" rating.... and I know, from personal experience, how difficult it is to achieve, and maintain the level.... but they do have to be inspected every year to retain, renew, or improve their "status"... and the standard is recognised by the public, who can then choose according to their means/situation.
Comparing them to PlusNet.... If I saw a place which still traded on a 5 year old award... I would give them a really wide berth..... asking myself.... "so what happened since then.....obviously... they have not maintained the level, and have gone downhill...."

Just a thought...
13 REPLIES 13
ScottStorey
Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Trading standard

It's more that the blurb on the community site needs updating.
The main site had all our latest awards, including 2015 - https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/awards/
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

OK... I`ll concede that point..... !    Embarrassed
If PlusNet are "so good"... how come there is so many disgruntled customers on Feedback..... and don`t forget... probably many more, who don`t even know about the forum... who just "put up with it" until it gets fixed........ eventually...
Something is wrong somewhere... and it just does not add up...
Yeah... there are always going to be mess-ups... that`s human nature... but then problems seem to "escalate" to use a well worn PlusNet phrase... and seem to get worse as time goes by...
BadMelonFarmer
Dabbler

The awards listed this year are from comparison sites.
Colour me cynical and all that, but don't comparison switching sites derive revenue from commission based on sales they bring to their suppliers ?... so it is not entirely independent as you could argue that commercial relationship between the companies would generate a conflict of interest?
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

If the majority of users of such sites all ran into big problems then the site would soon loose credibility from doing as you suggest.
PlusNET are indeed not without problems, however in my experience they do sort them out professionally.  Their two major issues are BTOR and their order management system, particularly (apparently) where it is necessary to process orders manually.  It would appear that if BTOR deliver to plan then all goes well.  If there is a hiccup with BTw/BTOR and there is recourse to manual processes, it would appear that there are more opportunities fir things to go more pear than apple shaped.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

BadMelonFarmer
Dabbler

I am not sure that people go to comparison sites based on their credibility .... more can they save me money ... or will it stop my child going on about getting a free meerkat toy Roll_eyes
BTOR are a pain, but I have dealt with other ISP's who are a LOT easier to contact and work with ... granted they are more expensive ... but "you gets what you pay for" and this IS where I find PN misleading as I do not call 30 plus minute calls to call centres "Doing me proud" ... far from it
deathtrap
Grafter

ISP awards are meaningless in reality, no more than marketing spiel ,
BadMelonFarmer
Dabbler

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-34324046
Bottom of the article ...
"Plusnet also saw a reduction in its complaint volumes but also had more than the industry average."
Ofcom Report on complaints....
http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/news/telecoms-pay-TV-complaints/
Interesting to see that BT, Plusnet and EE  have differing complaint levels even though they are owned by the same company..... well EE is soon to be and BT actually provide the EE broadband service for the last 4 or 5 years.

w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: BadMelonFarmer
"Plusnet also saw a reduction in its complaint volumes

A rather cynical analysis of that one:
Maybe due to the reduction in opening times for Customer Support along with long call waiting times, if people can't get through then they can't complain.  Lips_are_sealed
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Since that was complaints to OFCOM probably not relevant
This is the actual report http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/news/telecoms-pay-TV-complaints/
BadMelonFarmer
Dabbler

Cool
Although in fairness this report will measure the complaints made to Ofcom about the companies... Not complaints to the company themselves.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Thanks @Oldjim, hadn't read it in that much detail.  Embarrassed
Doesn't OFCOM refer consumers back to their supplier's complaints procedures in the first instance though?
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Probably but they may still log the complaint
Regardless the volume of complaints per 1,000 customers is still rotten and for phone line complaints it is a lot worse than BT
johncena1922
Dabbler

When you want to complain why is a ticket raised and an unhelpful reply . Plus Net I would rather make wooden spoons at least I can use them !