cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Totally useless

losingmyhair

Totally useless

Moving from Talk Talk (very poor), and upgrading broadband to fibre.
The engineer turned up yesterday to an empty house (I was 150 miles away at the time), because PN had failed to confirm appointment despite many requests from me.  They claim to have sent an email early May, but have spent the morning searching inbox and spam folders and it is not there, nor trace of it on the comunication section of the website.  Lucky I can access internet at work....
Now without broadband for 7 days minimum, which is when they can get earliest appointment, and not very helpful when son is in the middle of exams and needs to access material from the school.
Took another hour trying to find out how to lodge a formal complaint, but by the time it is dealt with will hopefully be connected.
Moral:  tread carefully when changing provider, and get everything in writing!!
5 REPLIES 5
PembsPanther
Grafter

Re: Totally useless

What install date was you given when you applied for the line?
losingmyhair

Can I quote the only text message received on 6th May:
"Your broadband service is due to become active by midnight on 20/05/2015.  Please don't set up your router until we confirm your service is active." 
In the absence of any other communication, this would suggest an installation date of the 20th, so I was slightly surprised to hear that the engineer had arrived yesterday on the 19th. 
Am still waiting for them to confirm the next appointment, the earliest which it could be is next Tuesday 26th, so without any internet until at least then.  Makes arranging work and booking time off great fun!!!
But still I'm sure that PN will have a procedure to deal with this at their speed.
PembsPanther
Grafter

From that message I too would assume and install date of the 20th, Open reach turning up early that has to be a first!
There are a couple of great customer service people on here I am sure they will be along soon to offer an explanation and help in whatever way they can.
catelliott
Grafter

Hi there losingmyhair,
I'm really sorry to hear about this, I've looked through the account and it looks like the appointment was changed from 14/05/2015 to 19/05/2015 by our suppliers to tie in with the phone transfer. I can see our Expedites team will be sorting a fast track appointment for you, and will let you know when this will be tomorrow. Once again, I am ever so sorry for the delays, but rest assured the team is on the case.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Quote from: losingmyhair
"Your broadband service is due to become active by midnight on 20/05/2015.

This is a problem which keeps occurring - if one is pedantic midnight is 00h00 hours.  Midnight 20th May is therefore arguably the "midnight" occurring just after 23:39:59 on the 19th.  As lines become active following any necessary engineering work, that rather fits the information provided above.  Crazy
It would be useful if the industry selected a date / time which is not ambiguous.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.