cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Topcashback tracking at lower rate

100jd

Topcashback tracking at lower rate

Hi,
Seems to be an occasional complaint here, but I signed up through Topcashback when it was advertising £101 cashback, only to find that the actual amount has tracked at £35.35. Obviously I'm not expecting it to be paid immediately, as the service hasn't been installed, but can someone from Plusnet please clarify why it has tracked at a lower rate?
Without the discount Plusnet isn't priced very competitively, so it would be helpful to know now while I still have time to cancel. I've already put in a support ticket through Topcashback.
My Plusnet service ID is 2486099.
7 REPLIES 7
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Topcashback tracking at lower rate

Hi 100jd,,
You would need to speak to Top Cashback regarding the offer that they were advertising. We can't comment on their offers as they are separate to the offers that we advertise on our page. Hope they get it resolved for you soon! Keep us updated when you hear back from Top Cashback.
100jd

Thanks for your prompt answer Linn. Topcashback says it is your problem; you say that it is Topcashback's problem.
I do not see the issue being resolved so I will just cancel the contract and go with another provider.
picbits
Rising Star

When I originally signed up I used Quidco and it tracked at a lower rate then was paid at the higher rate.
I've never used TCB so can't comment on what they do though.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi 100jd,
I've just had a word with my colleague in the Marketing department and they advised me that the £100 offer on Top Cashback ended on the 08/06/2014. I can see that you signed up on 09/06/2014 which means that this offer would not be applicable. Sorry for any confusion caused by this.
100jd

That is very helpful, thanks. But the £100 (actually, £101) TCB rate was still advertised as the applicable rate on the date I signed up (09/06), and it did not change until a few days later.
picbits
Rising Star

Quote from: 100jd
TCB rate was still advertised as the applicable rate on the date I signed up (09/06),

Who was advertising that rate ? Topcashback or Plusnet ?
100jd

Quote from: DomS
Quote from: 100jd
TCB rate was still advertised as the applicable rate on the date I signed up (09/06),

Who was advertising that rate ? Topcashback or Plusnet ?

TCB.