cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer waiting time on the phone

VincePrim54

Customer waiting time on the phone

I've been trying to contact plusnet for weeks to renegotiate my phone & bband but getting through to anyone is a nightmare. Finally spoke to someone today who said I would need to talk to customer service and it would be a 3 min wait, 10mins of "Dont you want me baby"  later the phone went dead.
Not impressed.
6 REPLIES 6
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Customer waiting time on the phone

Hi VincePrim54,
Really sorry to hear you've struggled to get through to us. To discuss any deals that may be available to you please contact our Customer Options team:
0800 013 2632
0330 123 9197
Monday to Friday: 9.00am - 8.00pm (Except Bank Holidays)
Saturday: 9.00am - 5.30pm
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

I phoned the support centre today at 13:30, was informed that there was a 15 minute wait.  Phone answered in 4 minutes. Problem (no dial tone due to bodged BTOR work in local cabinet) confirmed and repair request raised with BTOR. Now need to wait for BTOR to get an act together.
Total call time with PN CS desk 9 minutes, friendly effective service - it ain't all as bad as some would suggest. I'm sure that there are challenging occasions, but that experience is not all pervading.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

VincePrim54

Success, got through at last & got the renewal I wanted from customer options. For info I rang at 17.30 and it was a lot quicker. Smiley
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Glad to hear you got through and that you got the deal you were after! Smiley
Again, sorry you were trying for so long to get through!
NorthPole
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 6

Quote from: VincePrim54
I've been trying to contact plusnet for weeks to renegotiate my phone & bband but getting through to anyone is a nightmare. Finally spoke to someone today who said I would need to talk to customer service and it would be a 3 min wait, 10mins of "Dont you want me baby"  later the phone went dead.
Not impressed.

During quite a long wait on hold the other day, I suddenly realised that all the hold music was by performers from Plusnet's home town of Sheffield - even though I'm 66 years old, I did recognise Heaven 17, the Human League and Tony Christie! Am I right Plusnet, or is it just another internet conspiracy theory?
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi NorthPole,
Good spot! Yes, the majority of the hold music is by bands who originate from Sheffield Smiley