cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Topcashback New Plusnet Customer order not being tracked

andyd

Topcashback New Plusnet Customer order not being tracked

Hi, I ordered a new broadband service through the cashback website topcashback.co.uk with the promise of £28 cashback when complete.
However the order is still not being track by the cashback website.

I ordered on the 01/08/2010 and have informed topcashback to tell them it had not been tracked, but to date I have not had anything back....
Has anyone else had problems claiming cashback & are there any plusnet employees who can help me via this forum?Huh
Thanks in anticipation
Andy D
Wink
21 REPLIES 21
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Topcashback New Plusnet Customer order not being tracked

Hi andyd, welcome to Plusnet and the forums.
This does sound like something to be addressed with the cashback site, I've checked and our side of the affiliate offer has gone through so you've got your first 3 months of broadband discounted for free.
Let us know if you hear anything back from them.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
andyd

Hi-to follow up from my initial post, Topcashback registered the transaction with Plusnet, and for a while (in the "Pending" column), topcashback showed the correct cashback figure for online broadband signup (£28.00).
However, when the transaction was moved to "Payable", the transaction showed as £0.00.
I've been in touch with topcashback, writing on 24/09/10......
Hello-I signed up via Topcashback for this offer, but after originally showing as £28.00 (cashback for) Online Broadband Signup, it is now showing as £0.00 despite submitting a Missing Cashback claim to register the cashback in the first instance. Could you please help? Best Regards, Andy Dawson    
I've since had a reply today (27/09/10) as follows:
Hi there,
Thank you for your enquiry.
Unfortunately, it seems that Plusnet Broadband have now declined the cash back eligibility of this transaction. I will ask the claims team to resubmit the claim to see if we can get the reason for this.
If you have any further queries then please get back to us.
Kind regards,
Sarah (topcashback)
I placed the order in good faith and completed the Online signup to the letter with Plusnet, and I'm a little perplexed (and disappointed so far) as to the reason the cashback eligibility has been declined by Plusnet.
If a staff member could help, I would be very grateful
Best Regards
Andy D   Undecided
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi Andy,
I'm just raising this matter internally, bear with me and I'll come back with an update ASAP.
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Andy,
I need to speak with a specific person at this end about this who is not available right now, I'll make sure I revisit this tomorrow.  So far I don't know why this wasn't honoured, it certainly wasn't deliberate, bear with me as I'll get this sorted for you.
Adam.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
idlewis
Grafter

The same thing happened to me with a sport shop with Topcashback.  If you look at the topcashback FAQ, it will explain to you why do cashback gets declined e.g.  not paying wholly online and paying for a product in two different cashback webites.
So it may not be Plusnet's fault
andyd

Hi idlelewis, I did use the topcashback website exclusively with this offer, and placed the order to completion (with payment) on the Plusnet website without clicking off anywhere else.
I'll await a reply from the Plusnet staff as per the original post, but thanks for your input anyway...
Andy D
Undecided
idlewis
Grafter

Did you look at the Frequently asked questions on the topcashback website where they tell you why the cashbach is declined?
idlewis
Grafter

Why has my Cashback been Replaced with Zero?  If this has happened then I’m afraid it means that the retailer has declined your cashback for some reason. We are not usually informed of the reason why a retailer might decline a transaction – but common reasons are as follows:
- The purchase (or part of the order) has been returned or cancelled.
- There was a problem during payment
- Although the retailer has tracked your transaction – they have decided that it didn’t qualify under their cashback terms for some reason.
Hi AndyD  I found this on the Topcashback website in case you did not find it.  I hope this will find it useful for you.  There are lots of other people who are in the same boat as I discovered in another cashback website called Quidco where there have a forum with people make complaints about the same issue as yours.
andyd

Thanks for your help idlelewis,
Here's hoping Plusnet will sort it out...
Andy D
Undecided
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi Andy,
We definately can sort this out. The person who liaises with Topcashback is on annual leave at the moment so we can't deal with this until after next Wednesday.
Bear with us and I'll come back to you next week.
Adam.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
andyd

Hi Adam,
Just wondering if you've had chance to speak to your colleague regarding this?
Look forward to hearing from you....
Best Regards
Andy D

adie:quote
michellej1980

I placed my order on 1/10/2010 and my cashback still hasn't tracked. I've just read on the topcashback comments that because I used a referral promo code to get 3 months free broadband, I cannot get the cashback as well. This was not made clear and I am not impressed so far. The cashback would have been more worthwhile than the 3 months broadband.
andyd

Hi michellej1980..
Have you enquired with Plusnet re the validity of the claim?
I didn't enter a referral promo code on signup with Plusnet (it was a standard offer to tempt you to change)...
I've read the comments on the topcashback site for Plusnet & it would seem the tracking between topcashback & Plusnet can be an issue, but I would reiterate that I followed signup procedure/payment to completion in one go without deviation when taking out the broadband & I hope Plusnet will honour the deal....
Andy D
Undecided
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi Andy,
Bear with me and I'll pick this up with the appropriate contact at this end again.
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team