cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To Plusnet Staff

Jcook76
Grafter

To Plusnet Staff

Can someone please check my support tickets to find out when my phone/fibre move is going to be finished? I have (for some reason) 2 tickets that relate to my case... 89207148 & 90893563, and my account username is JCook76.
My original appointment was on the 15th August, but the Openreach guy walked away without doing anything. I then spent 2 weeks of delays and non-answers trying to get a new appointment organised - I told you I needed an afternoon appointment, but midway through a Friday afternoon I was given one for the following Monday morning (1st September) between 8am & 1pm, meaning a pretty hasty and frantic flap trying to find suitable cover at work so I could take that morning off... turns out I needn't have bothered, as this time the Opeanreach guy didn't show up at all!
I'm now back playing the waiting game - on Tuesday I was told that I was to be given a new appointment for the following Tuesday (9th) and that it'd be confirmed within 24 hours - then later that day I received another message to say that I was to be given an appointment on the 17th, and that that would be confirmed within 24 hours. Well, it's now Thursday and neither appointment has been confirmed and I still have no idea when my phone/fibre will be connected.
I'm getting sick and tired of all this hassle - I tried to phone yesterday to find out what's going on, but I've spent so long listening to your crappy 'hold' music over the last month that I just won't do it any more. I can't sit on the phone all day waiting to get through to your call centre - strangely enough, I have a job & a life to be getting on with!
I see that staff monitor these forums & have picked up requests and helped other users when they've needed it... Please, can someone look into this for me and find out what's going on! I'm at the point now that I'm about to make one last phone call to Plusnet - to cancel & close my account so that I can sign up with one of your competitors... probably having to be Virgin Media, so that I can escape the nightmare that is the Openreach appointment lottery.
33 REPLIES 33
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: To Plusnet Staff

Good morning Jcook76,
Thank you for speaking with me this morning and being so understanding.
I'll send you a ticket update shortly once I've typed it up.
For the record if anyone's interested, our suppliers finally confirmed it was for the 9th, but it was not the timeslot we requested. I've rebooked it in now and will confirm it with Jcook76 hopefully later on this afternoon.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Jcook76
Grafter

Thanks Matty - I appreciate your call and offer to personally take charge of this now...
Hopefully everything will now go to plan for my newly booked appointment.

Jon
Jcook76
Grafter

I had my phone/fibre connected up yesterday - finally! - but am a little uncertain of the speeds I'm getting... I know that these will fluctuate for a few weeks before settling down, but they have started off lower than I was expecting.
When booking my home move, I was told that the max the line would allow would be 43Mb down and 10Mb up. The Plus Net rep offered to switch me down to the 'capped at 40Mb' service, as it'd would save me a bit of money every month for a negligible drop in speed, so I guess the max download I should expect is really around 38Mb.
Have just ran a speed test at the BT wholesale site - I'm getting 31mb down, and only 1.9mb up.
It would be nice if the download speed settled down closer to the cap on my line, but the advanced section of the speed test tells me that the ip profile for my line is 32.5mb - so, a little off what I was expecting but nothing to worry me too much.
It's the upload speed that I'm more concerned with - should it really be this low? The ip profile here is showing as 20mb - double what I was originally told, and far higher than the speed I'm currently getting.
Does this indicate there may be a problem with my line/set up?
Matty - I'm not sure if you're still monitoring this, but are you able to verify that everything has been set up correctly at your end?
In case it means anything - the current line speed Plus Net are showing for me here: https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed shows an estimate & current line speed of 40mb. But, it's showing my old phone number (before my move) and the old exchange.
Appreciate advice anyone can give.
Thanks,
Jon
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

i wonder if you've been put on 40/2 instead of 40/10.. sure someone from PN will clarify.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Jcook76
Grafter

I wasn't aware that there was such an option, but that could certainly explain it. Each speed test that I've done consistently hits 1.9 but never goes over 2mb...
Thanks.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

it's an old product that PN don't sell, but suspect there's still an option for it.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
JTaylor
Grafter

Hey Jcook76
I've been having a look over the line and done a couple of tests and it looks as if the line might have been provisioned on 40/2, like dvorak said (good spot  ;))
Although, the suppliers systems aren't showing this and everything looks good, I've placed an order to modify this and get the upload corrected.
You should be seeing better speeds by the end of Monday but if not, it's gonna be worth raising a fault at faults.plus.net.
Hope this helps!
Jcook76
Grafter

Ok, thanks Jack.
Jcook76
Grafter

I am still only getting 2mb download speed... no change whatsoever since the connection was set up.
Can any Plusnet reps here pick this up as, after all the hassle I've had over the last month, I really have no faith in getting this resolved quickly going through your ticketing system.

Jon
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

What does the BT diagnostic test say for your profiles (up and down)?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Jcook76
Grafter

Not at home so I can't run a fresh test, but it the download profile was 32.5mb & the upload profile was 20mb.
I'm getting pretty close to the download speed my line is capable of, but am currently way off the upload profile.
JTaylor
Grafter

Hey Jcook76
I appreciate your patience with this one!
I've tested your line again today, after the order I placed had completed and it is still showing an upstream speed of 2mb/s.
What I've done is place another order to try and amend your profile speeds, which should take 24 hours to complete. If this doesn't work then we're going to have to raise a fault for you and get an engineer to visit.
I'll keep a note of your account but if you check your speeds before we get back to you, drop us a quick reply on here and I'll catch up with you!
Jcook76
Grafter

Oh please god not another Openreach appointment......!!  Undecided
Thanks Jack - I'll report back in a day or so... hopefully this can be resolved without having to go through all that again.
Jcook76
Grafter

Jack,
No progress so far - I ran a test before leaving the house this morning, and am still limited to 2mb upload... should the change you made have filtered through by now?
What do you suspect the problem to be, that requires an engineer visit? A fault on my connection?? I thought it was just a case of me being set up on the wrong package at your end...?

Thanks,
Jon