cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tickets not confirmed?

Spacie
Dabbler

Tickets not confirmed?

In February I raised a ticket relating to an intermittent disconnection to my broadband. Went through all the checks, and was told an engineer would have to visit. Took annual leave to allow them in, and imagine my joy when the TWO gentlemen informed me that they could only check my phone line as the "broadband connection wasn't on their work sheet". Informed you, to be told another "Boost" engineer would have to visit (am or pm weekdays). I informed you that I would have to arrange leave from work  to be in when they called. Imagine my joy when I discovered the ticket had been closed, without any notification, and that I would have to go through the enthralling "report a problem" route again - so starting from scratch. Imagine my bliss when I took this route, and have received no notification or any information since requesting a visit on a particular day next week (the ticket was raised several days ago.
I console myself with the thought that I have only a one year contract. If the visit is cocked-up, why not offer a weekend visit as a goodwill gesture?
9 REPLIES 9
Anon
Pro

Re: Tickets not confirmed?

Especially when tickets like mine are going for days (target 24 hours  ;D) and when answered not even an apology. Service is really going down the pan,  wonder how they ever managed to win a service award...makes one think.
Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Thanks for raising this to us and sorry to see you’ve had problems.
We can only book broadband engineers via BT Wholesale so not sure how the wrong kind of engineer has been assigned. If you haven’t already, if you could document this on the ticket, we can take this up with the supplier for you.
I suspect a Boost has been suggested so as to avoid further problems. The fault was (incorrectly in my opinion) closed because you hadn’t got back to us. However, this doesn’t slow anything down in term of resolution time though I understand it’s frustrating and annoying.
As I’ve seen the time slot requested, I hope to arrange this myself for you.
Generally speaking, engineers aren’t available at weekends (Boosts certainly aren’t available to us). I’ve not seen the appointment diary by area, but although it would be slower to arrange, I can book an SFI for you – at this time, I don’t know if that weekend would be available as they tend to be available in some areas and not others.
@Anon 24 hours is for the remote testing. It can take longer for an advisor to pick up the ticket. The wording is a little misleading and I’ve brought this up with development.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Anon
Pro

A little missleading , you mean more than a lot missleading.
When a customer raises a query by phone or through the Help Assistant, we raise a 'Question' (also known as a Ticket) on their account. We aim to close all Questions within 24 hours.

http://www.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=212&helpheader=rhmcallstats
is downright lies.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

That is a bit harsh.  There is a difference between telling lies "we aim..." And consistently missing the target.
One is about intent and the other is indicative of the (in)ability to deliver.
Worry not, now that it is difficult to find the ticket system to raise tickets, it will become easier to hit the target for those tickets which sneaky users manage to raise.  Shocked
The relevant links are available below.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anon
Pro

Sorry but lies are when one intends to deceive and the reply from PN said
@Anon 24 hours is for the remote testing. It can take longer for an advisor to pick up the ticket.

Can you show me where it says anything like that in this statement
When a customer raises a query by phone or through the Help Assistant, we raise a 'Question' (also known as a Ticket) on their account. We aim to close all Questions within 24 hours.

unless I missed going to Specsavers that says "ALL" and all usually means everyone, not that some are closed in that t ime and others will not by the nature of what they are.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Questions / Tickets usually refer to support requests. The link you provide suggests we are about 12 hours our side of out target time.
I was referring to a broadband fault (that can be raised via faults.plus.net) when speaking of testing taking 24 hours before being picked up. As can be seen on page that you linked to, broadband faults have longer SLA's due to the work involved.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Tony,
To nit pick, I do not believe that there are any SLAs in place for anything - the "A" being an agreement between supplier and customer.  There are targets which you seek to achieve (aim for), but they are not agreements nor anything which (unfortunately) PlusNet or your suppliers can be held to (for recompense) when not fulfilled.
In terms of setting and managing appropriate expectations, it would be useful for there to be a clear description of the problem management process, indicating constraints set by suppliers and priority levels applied to the nature of the issue, from no service at all (phone / broadband), through working but degraded service to administrative requests - each in decreasing priority with an expectation of longer resolution times.
Such an approach is very typical of professional systems support services, sets appropriate expectations and allows support teams to focus on the hot "system down" issues over things which a day or two delay is not material.
Cheers,
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Quote from: Townman
To nit pick, I do not believe that there are any SLAs in place for anything - the "A" being an agreement between supplier and customer.  There are targets which you seek to achieve (aim for), but they are not agreements nor anything which (unfortunately) PlusNet or your suppliers can be held to (for recompense) when not fulfilled.

Point taken.
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Anon
Pro

Sorry but the quotes I made suggest that ALL tickets are aimed at being closed in 24 hours, but that is not the case  for many tickets, including the ones I have raised and for me you are now trying to twist what is said and what is said is clearly intended to suggest that if a ticket is raised on any matter it is aimed at being closed with 24 hours, but from your admission that is not  the aim with all tickets. That's missleading at best and telling lies at worst, and I believe the latter.