cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ticket 303758. I ask a simple question and told to go to an external web site.

dratddestroyer
Grafter

Ticket 303758. I ask a simple question and told to go to an external web site.

Hello,
I have done a house move. I'm on  the Pro package. I know  my exchange is ADSL2+ enabled  and when I placed the order on the phone I asked if it was possible to have ADSL2+ and was told yes but it would take a while.
Christopher raised a ticket so I could be kept informed on the provision.
Part of the ticket read:
[tt]
[internal]
EU has requested to be upgraded to ADSL2+ ASAP when that is available.
[/tt]
Great I thought, so I asked the following question:
[tt]Do you have any idea when the ADSL2+ upgrade will happen?
[/tt]
Here's the reply I got:
[tt]
Jonathon xxxxx CSC Analyst  5:23am, Sunday 25th October 2009
Dear Mr xxxxxxx,
Regarding ADSL2, please see http://www.samknows.com
This website should be able to tell you all you need to know about the available in your area.
Kind regards,
Jonathon xxxxx
[/tt]
That's not the kind of answer I expected.
Why should I have to go to an external web site?
How can I be sure the information on an external website is accurate?
I expected something sensible like:
(a) We don't honestly know, however we hope to do it in the next month.
or
(b) Next Thursday.

15 REPLIES 15
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Ticket 303758. I ask a simple question and told to go to an external web site.

for the simple reason that the person who udate rthe PN file doesnt do it as a job, and the same knows file is used by the rest of the industry, it would have been quicker if you had done the check yourself
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Ticket 303758. I ask a simple question and told to go to an external web site.

I would have been disappointed if he had just told you a date! BT do change dates, some come forward, some go back. By giving you the website where you can keep an eye on it yourself you will be able to see if there are changes made to the dates for your exchange.
10/10 to the agent for that reply.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

@dratdestroyer I take it from your original post that you were asking when your account would be upgraded rather than your exchange.
Quote from: dratdestroyer
I know  my exchange is ADSL2+ enabled  and when I placed the order on the phone I asked if it was possible to have ADSL2+ and was told yes but it would take a while.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
pierre_pierre
Grafter

PN seem to think that it is not available
[internal]
EU has requested to be upgraded to ADSL2+ ASAP when that is available.
pcoventry
Grafter

Good evening dratdestroyer,
Unfortunately we aren't able to give exact dates for the reasons that jelv gave. We do use samknows for a lot of information as it's linked in with all the major databases and is constantly updated.

If you wouldn't mind please check samknows.com often and as soon as the information is released on your exchange it will be one of the first sites to be updated.
dratddestroyer
Grafter

Quote from: Strat
@dratdestroyer I take it from your original post that you were asking when your account would be upgraded rather than your exchange.
Quote from: dratdestroyer
I know  my exchange is ADSL2+ enabled  and when I placed the order on the phone I asked if it was possible to have ADSL2+ and was told yes but it would take a while.

Yes Strat, you're right. I would like a rough idea when my account will be upgraded.
dratddestroyer
Grafter

Quote from: Pete
Good evening dratdestroyer,
Unfortunately we aren't able to give exact dates for the reasons that jelv gave. We do use samknows for a lot of information as it's linked in with all the major databases and is constantly updated.

If you wouldn't mind please check samknows.com often and as soon as the information is released on your exchange it will be one of the first sites to be updated.

It seems that most people only have 2 seconds to read, digest and reply to a question.I said:
[tt]
I have done a house move. I'm on  the Pro package. I know  my exchange is ADSL2+ enabled  and when I placed the order on the phone I asked if it was possible to have ADSL2+ and was told yes but it would take a while.[/tt]
and
[tt]Do you have any idea when the ADSL2+ upgrade will happen?[/tt]
So, Plusnet, can somebody please try again. (Hint days, weeks or months.)
pcoventry
Grafter

Hello again Smiley
The best thing to do would be to go to http://www.samknows.com/broadband/checker2.php and enter your phone number and the click on "BT ADSL" and it will confirm this. If it is available then please raise a ticket and we will place an order for you. If there are any problems placing that order we will let you know.
ChemicalBrother
Grafter

errm...Pete What's wrong with  you checking eCo then? As you're working for a ISP, you should at least, or someone near you should have access to this.
I checked said website to see if ADSL 2+ was available to me, and it said yes; however, I asked a while ago to be moved to ADSL2+ on the basis of this information and was told I couldn't because according to eCo my exchange wasn't enabled....
Simply one hand not talking to the other, or to put it another way - can't be bothered to read/reply the ticket properly. The OP has said that ADSL 2+ (21CN) is already at his exchange and would like to how long it would take to provision it should the order be placed.
pcoventry
Grafter

Morning,
Nothing. And if I could I would of happily done so. However i've never been able to get it to work from home.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Unfortunately we don't know yet when the upgrades for existing customers will be starting - though as soon as this is planned there'll be more information posted (as per http://community.plus.net/plusnet-adsl2-faq/). If you placed an order it should be done within 5-7 days though. Unfortunately you requested the move before we'd announced the new products so that's why it wasn't done on this order.
Sorry for the hassle, as I said as soon as we have any information on when the regrades are happening we'll post it.
dratddestroyer
Grafter

Just out of curiosity I used the samknows web site and entered my phone number. It confirmed what I was told on the phone.
The following services are available in your location:
BT Wholesale ADSL
BT Wholesale ADSL Max
BT Wholesale WBC (21CN)
BT Wholesale SDSL
AOL LLU
O2 / Be LLU
Bulldog LLU
TalkTalk (CPW) LLU
Sky Broadband / Easynet LLU
Pipex LLU
Tiscali LLU
Orange LLU (Formerly Wanadoo)

Quote from: orbrey
Unfortunately we don't know yet when the upgrades for existing customers will be starting - though as soon as this is planned there'll be more information posted (as per http://community.plus.net/plusnet-adsl2-faq/). If you placed an order it should be done within 5-7 days though. Unfortunately you requested the move before we'd announced the new products so that's why it wasn't done on this order.
Sorry for the hassle, as I said as soon as we have any information on when the regrades are happening we'll post it.

Going back to the original question, all along it was answer (a) We don't honestly know, however we hope to do it in the next month.
Mand
Grafter

Re:Ticket 303758. I ask a simple question and told to go to an external web site.

In short, that's the honest answer right now. We can't give you a specific date because we don't know what it is.
dratddestroyer
Grafter

Re:Ticket 303758. I ask a simple question and told to go to an external web site.

Quote from: Mand
In short, that's the honest answer right now. We can't give you a specific date because we don't know what it is.

Thank you for your honesty Mand.