cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thousands without broadban for over 12hrs - Poor service

henbane
Grafter

Thousands without broadban for over 12hrs - Poor service

So we now read that thousands are without broadband today since early this morning and its now past 22:00  saturday evening.
Why don't they have some spare kit available to swop in.
Plus its hours between updates on the Plus Net Service Status pages re this problem, and it is not even listed on your "priority problems" link.  It should be as we buy our broadband from you - not BT.  So its your problem even if the fault lies in BT kit.
Sad
10 REPLIES 10
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Thousands without broadban for over 12hrs - Poor service

not quite sure who you are trying to blame, it is BT not PN who have the problem, at first it was said the Kingston exchange, now it is approx 36000
Posted on: Saturday 23 May 2009, 10:19
We have become aware of an issue affecting a number of users that has been identified as a supplier outage at a major exchange in Kingston.
Affected users seem to have been disconnected earlier this morning and are unable to connect on any username.

Posted on: Saturday 23 May 2009, 20:59
There's in the region of 36 thousand customers effected, and BT are working on the authentication issues so customers can re-connect. The current estimated clear time is 9.30 pm, however this is not definite or guaranteed.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

My neighbour is right royally miffed and he's a BT (not PN) customer who's been down all day. Back now though.
(Me, I'm on an LLU provider with no issues at all today.)
But of course PN is your supplier, not BT.......
xpcomputers
Grafter

Mine connection got dropped at about 4:30am Sat (according to the router logs)... it finally came back online at 6pm Sat. In the meantime, I'd tried (unsuccessfully) all the usual tests (spare router, filters, back of faceplate, BT test & F9 test accounts).
However others I know on the same exchange (also with Plusnet) remained connected throughout. As I understand it the problems are still ongoing though, so maybe I'm just lucky to be back on now.
Clearly a serious incident....
Mike
dgdclynx
Grafter

I have been coming in on dial-up since yesterday morning.
llennoc
Grafter

I think lets lay blame where blames due: BT.
I've never liked BT. They have more money than all the other ISPs put together and still manage to screw things up worse than any other ISP.
itsme
Grafter

Huh  BT just posted a lost so if they are doing better than other ISP the outlook is bleak.  Cry
SGH-B

Doesn't BT own PN?
pierre_pierre
Grafter

and my fish monger sells fish.
Read the above, it was a fault at a major trunk junction over a week ago and was fixed the same day,  BT seem very lax at getting out the info to there customers, i.e. PN
The Same Happened Yesterday (Sat) and again was nearly fixed before BT told PN where the fault was
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

[Moderator's note by Adie (Adiewoo) as the issue was resolved 2 weeks ago there is probably nothing relevant to add, please let it die gracefully]
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
SGH-B

Nice to see sarcasm is going strong in the PN customer base.
What charm school did you go to * pierre_pierre?