cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone Trasfer Problems

shelfhx
Grafter

Home Phone Trasfer Problems

I have been a happy broadband customer for a number of years, but now I'm not sure.  Read on....
At the beginning of May I requested to move my phone line from BT to Plusnet.
The last email I had from Plusnet was on May 9th, as follows:
  Thanks for requesting to move to PlusNet!
  When your move will happen
  ---------------------------
  We expect your move to Home Phone to take place on 26/05/2009, however we'll email you if this has to change for any reason.

So far so good.
26th May came and went and no word from Plusnet. 
On Wednesday 17th @ 1pm I raised a question, and when no reply had been received by Thursday 27th @5pm, I telephoned.
I was told my line had not yet been switched from BT, and this was confirmed in a update to my original question.
On Saturday 30th, I received a call apologising for the delay in switching my phone line to Plusnet, despite this not been what I complained about.
I was assured that someone from the provisioning department would ring me on Monday and explain what was happening.
On Monday 1st June, a message was left on my answer phone at home (I was at work at the time) and a text message was sent to my mobile.
This message stated that the phone line has in fact been transfered on Tuesday 26th May, as originally planned.  The account section on the website should be set up in 2-3 days.
This was not the information I was given on Thursday & Saturday of the previous week.
Three days has passed, and still no contact from Plusnet as to what is happening, despite my repeated requests to be kept informed.
On Wednesday evening I rang support again and asked for an explanation.  All I was told was there was a system problem.
I explained I have been without Caller Display for over a week (it's important to me) because of the lack of communication from Plusnet.
I cannot request this as the account section had not been set up, and as I'm writing this still has not been (10 days and counting).
I was assured this would be handled manually. 
Well we'll just have to wait and see what happens, but I won't hold my breath.

Would anyone from Plusnet like to comment.  I have asked for answers to specific points on the ticket I raised last week, but so far I have not received a satisfactory answer to any of them.
5 REPLIES 5
Mand
Grafter

Re: Home Phone Trasfer Problems

Hi there,
Firstly I'd like to apologise that the transfer has not been handled smoothly, and that the information you've been given so far is contradictory at best.
I've seen a couple of these today that should have been activated on the 27th (activation normally takes place the day after the order completes).
I'll check the state of play with that issue in the morning, and if it's not likely to get resolved tomorrow I'll sort it manually for you.
shelfhx
Grafter

Hi Mand,
Not sure if this is down to you but caller display is now active.  Many thanks if it is!
However the account section still is not.  Why can't this have been sorted just as quickly?
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
The account side of things should be sorted shortly. I couldn't fix it manually unfortunately but we're running the necessary script as we speak (as I type rather). I'm assured this won't take longer than an hour.
shelfhx
Grafter

Thank you.
I appreciate your intervention. 
Just a shame it couldn't have been resolved in a timely manner prior to this.
Mand
Grafter

Agreed. And I'll be raising the concerns I've noted regarding the handling of this with our Support Centre's management team.