cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

They are now bad bad bad

Exmoor

They are now bad bad bad

We all know plusnet is bt by another name but originally they did offer good service but in the last twelve months they have really shut the service down . The call centre staff will do anything to fob you off untill in the end you just give up trying . I have tried on 3 seperate occasions to get my broadband speed up to the original heights but gave up through exhaustion . Anyone know of a good broadband provider i am sick of bad service

7 REPLIES 7
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: They are now bad bad bad

If your usage isn't high AAISP service is pricey but excellent.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hello @Exmoor

Sorry to hear you're experiencing speed problems. I'm testing your broadband:

Downstream Link Info

Loop Loss Loop Loss Add Text SNR Margin Errored Seconds HecErrors Cell Count Speed
44   11 0 0 37444801 2688

ADSL Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

Left in Jumper

ADSL Max Up to 2.5 -- 1.5 to 5 Available -- -- -- --

As your speed is within estimates, we wouldn't be able to raise a fault to our suppliers I'm afraid. Having said this, I can see the service is banded at 2000 kbps.

I've reset your line now to try to squeeze a bit more speed out of your connection.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
william_ward

really sorry to hear about this experience, however, that is not borne out by my experience - reported a fault on Friday - no phone and variable/on/off internet - but fully sorted on Monday morning - excellent servce once again from PN

Yes, you can be on the phone a long time, however, the 'chat' experience is outstanding - (I know as I obviously couldn't ring!!) and they do sort things quickly (at least that's what I've found)

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Thanks for the post! Good to hear that your issue was sorted quickly.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@Anoush,

The key questions to be explored here are why is the service banded and the SNRM is 11?

As ever with such issues, there is equal chances that the problem is due to the home environment or the phone line.  Following the advice in the speed issues thread below might be helpful.

Also @Exmoor

Please perform a quiet line test - dial 17070 select option 2 using a corded phone plugged into the test socket behind the face plate of the master socket. It should be silent. A noisy phone line (or no dial tone) will have a marked adverse impact on the performance of broadband.

If the line is noisy or there is no dial tone, then a PHONE LINE fault needs to be raised with your phone provider. If this is PlusNet, you can report a fault on line using the button below.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Considering it was ADSL Max, it probably wasn't banded, 2000 was probably simply the IP Profile, rounded down as they are on ADSL Max.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Yeah, it was the BRAS profile.

It could've been anything that triggered the DLM. I tested the line which came back clear.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button