cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ending of Plus Net Assist

fourthmuskateer

The ending of Plus Net Assist

When logging onto my computer this evening I had a worrying e-mail that said that Plus Net Assist would be ending from 01/10/16.  The message says that you can still speak to the tech department (with a link to do so) and there are useful videos on You Tube, but this is no good when you have problems with your broadband as I did for the first 5 weeks of service (from early March of this year), as these rely on an internet connection!  Every week for the first 5 weeks the broadband, wi-fi or both stopped working.  By having the assist tool, this was able to dignose and suggest ways of restoring service, that worked 100% of the time.  It also meant I did not have to call the already stretched support services on the phone (incidentally, I was very nearly put off taking a contract with Plus net due to the amount of negative feedback relating to technical customer service on review sites, but one customer did suggest using the assist tool to avoid this problem).  My broadband dropped out again a few weeks ago, again the assist tool solved the issue.  I am worried that when this service ends, who knows how long problems will take to fix, or whether I should adopt the good old ICT mantra of switch off, wait 30 seconds and switch back on...  Considering I was with BT before and Plus net are owned by BT, I don't see why my service should drop out as regularly as it did as I did not have the same amount of problems with BT and I was with them for 5 years.

But seriously, why remove a service that actually stops people calling you in the first instance, only to get frustrated because Plus net cannot be reached due to high call volumes taking advantage of the latest deal?  I know that this platform certainly needs upgrading as it needed IE9 to work (had to remove a later version and re-install IE9) but surely it would be worth it customer satisfaction wise and to avoid getting more (irrate) phone calls.

6 REPLIES 6
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: The ending of Plus Net Assist

TBH in 6 years i have been here , you are  first person to have  said it  works Cheesy

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hello there. I'm sorry about the withdrawal of Plusnet assist. Our suppliers have stopped supplying the service for us, so we can no longer provide it. Sad
There are many help articles available on our website to help diagnose connection problems, though.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

Glad it's gone! I advised people on the forums to have nothing to do with it. Personally it screwed up my wife's email when I was working overseas and needed to keep in touch Angry

To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Whilst the two non-Plusnet responders here won't be shedding any tears at this news (and I make a third), this does not really help the OP @fourthmuskateer. Ideally, of course, there should be no call for Plusnet Assist, However clearly the OP did have problems for several weeks at the start of the service which Plusnet Assist helped resolve..

@fourthmuskateer wrote:

... when you have problems with your broadband as I did for the first 5 weeks of service (from early March of this year),

Has this problem been fixed, or simply gone away? If the latter it could be useful to get the line tested to see if there is any indication of a fault condition that could be fixed now.

David
fourthmuskateer

Hi, as said in my original post, if you have no internet connection, how can you look up this information online?  Incidentally, the internet again dropped out tonight at some point.  Instead of going to bed, I have again had to use Assist to help with the problem, and it resolved it.  I certainly means I will have to seriously consider escalating any further problems.  I won't be thinking of staying beyond the year contract, as you are effectively BT and we did not had 7 connection problems in the 5 years we were with them.

fourthmuskateer

It would help if Plusnet seemed to know what they were saying.  The response from the member of staff seems to speak volumes!