Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Leaving Experience

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

The Leaving Experience

Just to say thank you for a pleasant, stress-free leaving experience. I know I left PN on 27/05, and it has taken me a while to post this, but I was waiting to make sure my 'final bill' really was my final one, and there was no attempt to take any further payments.

Pleased to report that everything has run like clockwork - my Portal access was back up within 24 hours, as was my 'Email only' account - a little surprised about that, but I think careful pre-planning and the help of a couple of people 'behind the scenes' was the cause of that.

I can still access historic information and the only real issue is the length of time my Portal home page is taking to clear the 'Your Account is closing down' message. Not a problem, as it is not stopping me accessing anything - just looks a bit untidy.

Thanks to a couple of people on the forums - you know who you are 😉

In conclusion - I'm now a happy ex-Plusnet customer.

John
6 REPLIES 6
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: The Leaving Experience

Thanks for the feedback!

Sorry to see you go, but I hope you’ll be back at some point in the future and at the very least fingers crossed you’ll stick around our forums. Cheesy

We’re like the Hotel California in the sense that you can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave. Tongue

[edit]

Disclaimer: Not to be taken literally as termination charges may apply if you check out while in contract. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

@jab1 Glad your changeover went well, and like Anoush  hope you can still hang around this forum. Your advice has helped many people (including me!) All the best!

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@Gandalf , @Longliner Afraid you will have to put up with me - my new ISP does have a forum, but it is rather moribund, so I'll be around here for a while longer. 😀

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Phew! ‌Thumbs_Up

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Anonymous
Not applicable

Soon all the regular posters will be exPN not many left now

HD

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Good luck with your new ISP.

I would go back with PlusNet but when I moved out of my sisters, I knew I could get Branson Media when I moved here. Silly how the Monoplies and Megers Commision either had some long lunches down the the pub when Richard paid them off to be the sole owner of cable fibre. However like anyone I just took the fastest internet I could get.

Good old Branson Media is not available down my sisters road. 40 minute walk from me and I go there often. However of my jobs is to look after her internet as she just whacks the computer on and if it works she is happy, if not I'll be getting complaints.

Last time I had a problem over there, customer service were really good and got it fixed quickly.

My sister now works from home permantely, so one of my jobs is to make sure all is running fine over hers now.