cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Exisiting Customer

karma9800

The Exisiting Customer

HI Plusnet - you are doing well - but this is the old same old same old issue - with BT - with SKY - with anyone these days.
Here I am on Broadband
Here I click - how about fibre - I am nearing the end of contract - how about fibre?
And bam - as an existing customer you offer me nothing for loyalty - nothing for upgrading - nothing at all.
But as a new customer - you offer Unlimited Fibre for 6 months at 10 bucks
But you offer me nothing - no incentive nothing.
So therefore - once out of contract I am better off to move and MAC code myself to a supplier who likes new customers then maybe in 18 or 24 months I can come back to Plus Net as a New Customer again - as I am sure if I move to provider X Y or Z they too in time will offer me nothing to retain my custom.
Thanks for 18 months - thanks nothing - no incentive - no upgrade incentive for me to remain with PlusNet?
Really? Who is the manager for customer retention? No one generating ideas? Doing deals packages for customer retention just Churn?
Really?
Poor Show..
When people have 18 month contracts about to expire - give them something to retain them - or just lose them to this love of New Customer only world.
I would be happy to stay with PlusNet - but you show me no fibre love. No fibre hugs. No love PlusNet.  Undecided  Cry 
10 REPLIES 10
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: The Exisiting Customer

Phone customer options and select Option 2 "I want to leave" and see what they will offer
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

Good advice, what they advertise they offer and what they actually offer you when phoning in may be two different things, equally they may not be but it's worth a try.
Seems some people who phone in are offered a good deal whilst others are not, don't ask I have no idea why this is, I wonder if they have monthly target figures ?
We are born into history and history is born into us.
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Think  you've got that right, gleneagles - but they'll never admit it - "commercially sensitive".  Smiley
John
grahamt
Rising Star

All I can think is that this strategy must work. Or at least that there's a 'consensual hallucination' amongst providers (of broadband and other services) that it works.
Part of this looks like a trade-off between expenditure on support and expenditure on advertising. Claiming you're good is obviously cheaper than actually becoming good.
Perhaps another part of it is that Plusnet in fact likes the increasing number of complaints about things going wrong when new people sign up. Many existing customers will think that, if they jump ship to another provider, the sign-up process will be equally bad elsewhere and so they're better off staying where they are.
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

@grahamt - and I thought I was cynical  Grin Grin
AlaricAdair
Champion
Fixes: 1

Broadband services generally do work reliably once they are stable, However when you change the service in some way it is possible for gremlins to exert their influence.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
jafreer
Aspiring Pro

@karma9800 - you are right about deals for existing customers. It seems the best way to tackle this is to call the Customer Options Team armed with the best competitor prices you can find. It seems Plusnet will readily match competitor deals providing they can verify them, or you can provide them with a link.
It does seem daft that they won't simply offer existing customers the same deals that new customers get, but that is the model they have adopted, and so your option is call them armed with the competitor prices.
The problem is that if no competitor has a deal better than the one Plusnet are offering new customers, then you struggle to get that same deal.
Also be aware that Plusnet will not match things like gift cards etc. I think that is why a lot of the deals (e.g. BT) throw in a gift card or something similar, because they know that most competitors will only match on price, not on these additions.
Best of luck.
ossettbob
Grafter

I`ve had no problem renewing. Phoned up today and a very pleasant lady told me that they would give me same deal as new customers. This has happened each time I`ve called since I joined Plusnet in 2012. I have no complaints at all.
frankg123

You mean you actually got through on the phone?
Bloody mirical!!
adie:quote
richierich007
Grafter
Fixes: 1

im echoing what has been said, ive also came upto the end of my contract on fibre, called customer services and within 2 mins a great deal 15pm 80/20 24mth contract
so give them a bell they will offer u something
keep us posted