cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanks to staff on here.

salmo
Rising Star

Thanks to staff on here.

Plusnet have been my only ISP and on the whole I have been satisfied although there has been the odd blip. However as Customer Options have not been able to offer me a deal that I was happy with I'm seeking pastures new. I may well return when I can get the deals on offer to new customers. 

I would like to thank the staff past and present that have patrolled this forum and say that your help was appreciated.

9 REPLIES 9
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Re: Thanks to staff on here.

If you’ve been happy with the service then there is real merit in looking at your options and the call COTS AGAIN!

There can be room for negotiation. If your email addresses are all based on PlusNET then migration can bring quite a degree of hassel. If you do leave and want to keep your email account, be sure to tell COTS of that when starting the migration.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

salmo
Rising Star

Thanks Townman

I had contacted COTS twice but they wouldn't move from the original offer. I have only used PN mail occassionally when I didn't want to give out my main email addresses but thanks for the.advice.

Unfortunately PN, like most companies,  reserve the best offers for new customers. 

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

As a ‘last play’ you might consider a final call ... “I don’t really want to leave (your service has been great) but your offer to keep me is not competitive - I will be moving service to XX for £Y pcm - just thought you need to know why I’m leaving...”. 11th hour deals are not unheard of.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

salmo
Rising Star

Thanks again Townman but after two calls to Customer Options and being told that it was definitely the best offer they could do I decided to leave. 

My two options are John Lewis BB who seem a lot cheaper when cashback of £65 with Quidco ( which I know can go wrong) is factored in. This comes out at £22-08 pm for ADSL plus anytime calls. They are also giving a low spec Lenova laptop. I believe the service is operated by PN.

EE is my other option. This comes in at £20-50 pm when £100 credit card.is taken in to account. Again for BB and anytime calls.. I believe PN support is better but looking at OFCOM reports EE has improved and is not too much different from PN. I believe EE is owned by BT like PN.

I was not expecting PN to match these but I was hoping for a similar deal to the one I was on that has just finished which I would have accepted. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Sorry to see you leaving us @salmo

All the best with whichever provider you choose and hopefully we'll see you back in the future.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

@salmo wrote:

I was not expecting PN to match these but I was hoping for a similar deal to the one I was on that has just finished which I would have accepted. 

I have to say i'm surprised that they didn't even match what your previous deal was, I re-newed at the end of March and was given an offer that was better than what i was previously getting, they wouldn't match any of the new customer deals that other ISPs were offering but they still made me a offer with a discount that i was happy to take.

salmo
Rising Star

@Terranova667

New offer was £2-99 broadband, £7.00 anytime call plan (full price as legacy with no mobile calls included) and line rental. Total £26-48 with line rental saver factored in.

Offer just expiring was free broadband, one month free anytime call plan with £0.50p discount for months 2 to 6, free caller display and I had already paid for line rental saver. I know that caller display will be free for everyone now.

I would have happily settled for free broadband which many people I know have.

However move in progress now so no point in bothering. I hope that if I return to PN the long promised new billing system is in operation as apart from that PN have been fine. It will be an interesting experience as PN have been my only ISP.

ScottStorey
Pro
Fixes: 1

If you've moved to John Lewis, that's run by plusnet.

So you won't notice any difference other than the calls tend to get answered quicker.
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

That seems like quite a big difference considering the number of posts on this forum complaining of the hours spent waiting on the phone to PN CS. Sad