cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible service!!!

micoli
Dabbler

Terrible service!!!

I've had an intermittent and very unreliable internet connection from 2 weeks after connection on 24 July. Customer services are a joke. After waiting 30 - 40 minutes to get through they go through the same unhelpful script. The faults team aren't any use either as they just try to organise an engineers visit, (which could possibly cost £65), Even at that potential charge I've never been able to get an engineer booked. On 2 other occasions customer services transferred me to the faults team and I waited for 10 - 15 minutes before being cut off. The list goes on and on.

They don't even answer the online faults forum which they direct you to to answer questions they pose. Although this morning I had a question asking me if I wanted the fault investigated. It is 4 months too late and I'm now going through the process of changing provider, (which might have prompted their response).

I'm going back to Sky and although I have been informed I'll have to pay an early cancellation fee. it will be worth it just to get a reliable connection and get rid off the stress caused by Plus Net. If this was a product I bought over the counter it would be returned for a refund as 'not fit for use'.

4 REPLIES 4
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Terrible service!!!

Sorry to hear that. It looks like we need to arrange an engineer visit to further investigate.

If you can let us know via ticket 162578439 with the best timeslots you're available we'll be more than happy to book it in.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
micoli
Dabbler

Another bad week, followed by a bad weekend for appalling dropping out of service. It has dropped out 3 times trying to post this message and I have to keep copying the text just in case the connection fails.

The internet light goes out, followed by the broadband light and it takes 3-5 minutes for it to reconnect. Resetting the router doesn't help either.

Playing online games and watching videos are just a distant memory. I only joined PlusNet on the 24 July and since the beginning of August this has been happening and despite contacting CS, that is when I'm prepared to hold on for at least 40 minutes, nothing has changed.

On Wednesday the 13th I will become a Sky customer again and all this will be just a bad memory.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

I'm sorry to hear you're leaving us.

We'll be more than happy to help resolve the issues you're experiencing but to do that we would need to arrange an engineer visit. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
micoli
Dabbler

I've cancelled PlusNet and am now a Sky customer. I've been getting monthly bills from PlusNet, (the first one I paid by card then found out the bill was for after my move to Sky, as the PlusNet website wouldn't let me see the billing details until after it was paid.

I got this email yesterday, (pasted below), and as I will not spend my time hanging on waiting for customer service, I can find no other way of answering it except by posting here.

As I am no longer a PlusNet customer can you please stop asking for my card details to take a payment.

Thank you.

Mike Oliver
------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Mr Oliver, Account username: micoli Since we last emailed you, our records still show that the card details saved for your broadband account aren't valid or may have expired. So that we can take the next payment for your broadband service it's important that you update your card details before 2018-01-26. Update your card details now: https://www.plus.net/my.html?action=update_credit_card Paying by Direct Debit -------------------- It's much easier to pay by Direct Debit, if you'd like to set one up go to Manage Account: https://www.plus.net/my.html?action=direct_debit If you're having trouble adding payment details or have a question about this, please contact our Support Team using the Help Assistant ( https://www.plus.net/wizard/ ) or call us on 0800 432 0200 or 0345 140 0200. Kind regards, Plusnet Customer Support http://www.plus.net/ Email ref: E0674
----------------------------------------------------------------