cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible refund/closing account process and customer service

ryank
Hooked

Terrible refund/closing account process and customer service

I moved to a new ISP last month, despite that plusnet charged me around the day I stopped my service, saying they bill in advance (even though you also have to request changing ISP 2 weeks in advance).

I wait a few weeks, no final bill from plusnet, no refunds. I phone them up and they say it takes 20 days from closing the account to issue a refund and it's amount owed is stated on the final bill, but I have no final bill because they closed my account so I can't log in to check it. They say they will reactivate it so I can check.

Another 27 days passes, still my log in doesn't work, and I've had no email from billing about a refund. I phone again and they claim the email was sent to me (lie), then they say they will reactivate my account AGAIN so I can log in and check.

I wait another day, finally they chased up billing and I get my email to claim the refund, but the problem is I need to log in to claim it, and that's still not working. I phone for the third time, and the guy says logging in is a 50/50 chance and they can't do anything and I'll have to wait another two weeks for them to post the cheque to me, I express my concerns that their system is broken and a 50/50 chance is not good enough, he says "sorry but that's just the way it is" with no further solutions offered.

Whilst I want to stress that all staff I spoke to were polite, no one wants to take responsibility and the buck is always passed on. Absolutely appalled how broken your system is sending out emails that require log after you already cancelled the accounts. I know if I hadn't chased it you would have tried to keep the money.

I should not have to wait nearly 2 months to receive a refund. Now I'm just waiting for this cheque to get lost in the post and never turn up.

8 REPLIES 8
Tallowhand
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Terrible refund/closing account process and customer service

Hi Ryank,

I'm sorry to hear you're unhappy with the events which occurred around the time you left us and the months following this.

I did try to call you, but could only leave a voicemail message. I have however, sent you an email providing a bit of clarity on the matter; which you can view here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=216354394

Tony Hills
 Plusnet Help Team
ryank
Hooked

🤣 I'm sorry to be rude but sending me an internal message to my plusnet account is not an email, and half the point of my complaint was that you deactivated my account yet still expect me to login to claim my refund, now you've sent me a reply to my issue but I can't see it because that requires me to log in! You have my email so please send it there. 

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hello @ryank,

I am sorry to hear you are unable to log in to your online account, I can see my colleague Tony has also sent an email copy to the email address you had provided as a contact address.

Please get back to us if you are still having issues locating this and I will email my colleague Tony to give you a call.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
ryank
Hooked

I have no email other than from the community emailer saying someone has replied to my post.

ryank
Hooked

I'm also going to continue to post in here even though I was sent a private message to demonstrate the incompetence of this company.

I have been told my account should work for 15 months after my account is closed, despite the fact that even the man on the support line said it's a "50/50 chance" whether my login works. Putting my email address into the log in page says " Sorry, we can’t find an account associated with the email address. Please try again." Yet, I'm still being told my account is active on the system. I'm unsure how many times I have to repeat myself before I'm fully understood.

It's my fault apparently for cancelling the direct debit, yet plusnet is well known for continuing to charge ex-customers after they close their accounts, hence why I did it, and now getting a refund is a long drawn out process. All they have to do is fix my account so I can use the link the billing department sent me and I'd be able to get my refund ASAP, but this is too complicated.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

I have no email other than from the community emailer saying someone has replied to my post.

That would tend to indicate that the contact email associated with the account isnt the one you think it is.

Have you tried logging in with your username rather than an email address ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ryank
Hooked

I am not an idiot. I know what my username and email is and I have many emails containing them. They DO NOT WORK, and I'm STILL waiting for my refund, what a suprise, over 10 days has passed and still nothing, just as I predicted. If I do not receive my cheque within the next 7 days I will be reporting Plusnet to OFCOM and filing at smalls claim court.

Tallowhand
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

I'm sorry you've still not received your cheque. I have chased this with the relevant team and updated your ticket. If you're still unable to get access to the Member Centre, you should still receive an email with the update I have added.

Tony Hills
 Plusnet Help Team