Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible music

glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Terrible music

Is the racket that's played whilst queueing for customer service designed to stop you hanging on. Surely you want to keep customers in a good frame of mind, you won't do that if they are forced to listen to than din.

7 REPLIES 7
Anon
Pro

Re: Terrible music

Why would they want you to hang on, less calls to deal with when you hang up.

It is repetitive and loud. I don't need my phone on speaker to hear it across the room.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
teddysmum
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

I agree, especially as waiting times are so long that you need to put on speaker. Nothing worse than awful 'music' when you are annoyed by a long wait and a poor broadband service, the likes of which you haven't had before and which does appear to get sorted.

Minivanman
Legend

Your-call-is-very-important-to-us.jpg

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

A flute solo would be preferable to the present wall of noise.

This has been a perennial topic for years, with a perennial lack of any action. I can only assume that PN are too embarrassed to admit that they can't find the volume control.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Anon
Pro

They simply try and put people off calling. It puts me off. Just think how many calls they save themselves answering every day because people either do not ring or can't stand that music for the half hour they have to wait on the phones.

It would take a lot to convince me that Pnet would do anything that might sound or feel like giving the customers a service by changing the racket.

Anon
Pro

Have you noticed the staff mange to avoid threads like this one. No one seems to realise that irate customers get more irate waiting and even more irate listening to loud, repetitive music for 30 minutes.

Minivanman
Legend

Indeed @198kHz, James Galway for example was very popular at one time - but became just a bit too popular for some. Is he still around?

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville