cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible customer service from PlusNet. Wish we hadn't switched

WantSerive

Terrible customer service from PlusNet. Wish we hadn't switched

Phone have been down for almost 4 days. Apparently BT to blame but PlusNet not doing much to help. I had an awfully aggravating phone call with James in customer service, who was unsympathetic and argumentative. Not impressed at all and looking to switch service already. This is appalling to leave 2 elderly people without phone service for almost 4 days. Even more appalling that they hire customer service agents who don't know how to handle frustrated customers.
23 REPLIES 23
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Terrible customer service from PlusNet. Wish we hadn't switched

Hi WantSerive,
Sorry to hear that you currently have a fault, I've looked into this and it appears to be part of a common fault in your area which is currently being worked on to resolve. I've spoken with our suppliers who have confirmed that this is set to be resolved by tomorrow at 6pm.
I haven't listened to the call yet when you spoke with James, but apologies if he was unsympathetic as this is not the standards we set, I'll feedback to his manager if it is necessary.
I'll make sure that we keep you updated on the situation once this is resolved I'll apply a discount to the account for the time without service.
Chris

WantSerive

Thank you for your response Chris. We hope that the service has been restored by 6 pm tomorrow. While we appreciate the offer to refund the service fee for the time that the phones have been down, unfortunately this does not compensate us for the amount of money that has been spent using a mobile phone. As for James, well, I would reccommend that he undergo some sort of customer service training! And whomever responded to my post on another thread and referred to a customer 'ranting', I just hope he wasn't representing Plusnet ! Thanks Chris. Hope we have some resolution soon.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

On these customer forums only those showing "Plusnet Staff" and the Plusnet logo under their usernames represent Plusnet and have any access to customer details. Anyone else (myself and the forum moderators included) is a fellow customer expressing a personal opinion.
As a fellow customer I sympathise with the loss of service you are experiencing and know this will be very frustrating. I hope BT restore it ahead of the time advised.
David
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

I'll have a listen to the call and as I mentioned if feedback is necessary then that will be the case, I'll make sure I look over the account and once the services are restored I'll make sure the appropriate discount is applied.
Let me know if you've any questions in the meantime and also when the phone line is working again.
ChrisN1
Dabbler

Hi Chris,
I would like to email management regarding issues with my account..could I have details please?
I logged a complaint under a normal support ticket #63819182 stating the problems i've had. The replier refused to
offer any reimbursement, even though you're at fault and has caused me a nightmare. I am now with way below average
connectivity and i'm stuck with this until the order (that shouldnt have been placed which was: interleaving off and a reorder of ADSL2+ which i'm on)
completes which is next Thurs (03/01/2013).
With interleaving now off, my line is in the training period due to the reorder of what I had (ADSL2+).. the line is now unstable disconnecting/reconnecting
every day or so losing up to 1mbps a time. 12.5mbps is now 6.5mbps as of 28/12/2012. Now Netflix HD streaming is buffering a lot!
Many thanks! This is now make or break whether to leave for BTinternet unlimited (which for me will be half the price of your broadband for first 12 months).

Chris
kdoug007
Grafter

Im  sorry to hear  your  problem  also ...
  but  in  fairness.. AND  i have to say this...
  THE  Pn  team  and  james  are  fantastic....
ChrisN1
Dabbler

I've dealt with a few over this problem..not spoken to James, but a [mremoved] had a lot of knowledge and resolved a previous problem for me.
I hope he can look at my account and fix it once and for all after this major screw up.
At this moment, its like the old modem days where you used to say "Dont use the phone, i'm online!".. now I have to say, "Don't use the internet,
I'm now watching Netflix!!!"
jim:csa
Buddy1234567

Glad to see someone in Plusnet is offering something in way of compensation. I think Plus Net could be a good service provider but they just need to walk that extra mile.
What they do not seem to realize is that there are a lot of customers they have captured from other providers by their low fees, however these customers have experienced better service from their competitors. So it is no use blaming the customers for complaining there are issues Plus Net need to address to retain their customers support.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@ ChrisN1
Really sorry to hear about this issue, it isn't something we'd be able to reimburse you for as (with the obvious exception of fibre services) we don't sell our packages based on connection speeds.
We do appreciate this was our fault and that it impacted your use of the service so I've arranged a goodwill gesture that I've detailed on ticket  63998663
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mostin

I also wish vodafone sold out to someone with more compitence! Since Febuary i have had nothing but problems, rude staff, rude managers, liar's, and in general a company that breaks every consumer law going.
To top it of, they are now refusing to give me a migration code!
I hope new potential users avoid plusnet at all costs, as they are nothing short of con merchants.
Regards,
Martin Plaice (still a plusnet prisoner!)
ChrisN1
Dabbler

Hi Adam,
Please see Reece's rather dry response to that job you logged for me. I guess its a canned message, but a bit more thought should
have been put into that before replying.
Please could you reply to that job as i'm now very annoyed.
Many thanks,
Chris
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: mostin
I also wish vodafone sold out to someone with more compitence!

I've puzzling over this comment since it was posted - could you explain please.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
ckcomputing
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

I have also been mulling over that comment from mostin - it makes no sense to me!
Professionals are predictable - it's the amateurs that are dangerous!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@mostin
Has someone been back in touch with you yet? Let me know if not please.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team