cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible Service

jonesad36

Terrible Service

After placing my order via the Plusnet website about 10 days ago I was looking forward to having my phone line fitted today! Not sure why I needed another phone socket as I already have 4 in the property but I thought you guys are the experts so you know best.
Anyway booked the day of work which was the last day I can book as other days are taken and after sitting in for 7 hours the engineer  is a no show! So I spend  50 minutes or so on hold and when I get through to customer services I'm told it's a different department so I'm transferred and again on hold for about half an hour only to then get cut off! So not knowing what dept I was been put through to or what the number was I again call customer services and again I'm waiting an hour to be answered but this time the person could help, Well I say help they offered to re place my order so I will have to wait another 10-12 days for an engineer who may not even decide to turn up!
Needless to say this will be cancelled on Monday followed by a call to Sky.
Never have I had the misfortune to deal with such incompetence in my life.
2 REPLIES 2
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Terrible Service

Thanks for your post and please let me apologise for the missed engineer visit.
I've just taken a look at your account to see what can be done to salvage the situation and I'm sorry to see that you've decided to cancel.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Re: Terrible Service

A warm welcome to the forums.  Sad to hear of your woes.
PlusNet's ability to deal with the volume of issues arising from failed BTOR installations is lamentable!  It is simply not good enough, arguably though if their sole supplier BTOR did their job properly, there would be far fewer people in your position needing to call PlusNet.  Sky report similar issues to those seen by PlusNet customers, so do not think this is just a PlusNet issue - see https://corporate.sky.com/media-centre/news-page/2015/sky-reveals-evidence-of-openreach-service-fail...
Quote from: https
Openreach misses over 5003 appointments each month to install new lines for Sky customers and fails to complete a further 4,000 jobs per month.4
3 12 months to February 2015
4 May 2014 to February 2015

When looking at those figures, do consider that Sky is but one ISP - imagine the number of disappointed customers multiplied across the other ISPs too.  The problem is massive.  Until such time as BTOR is fit for purpose, it is difficult to see what ISPs should do
- not take any new business?  That's commercial suicide
- undertake a massive expansion in customer support service staff to address BTOR's failures?  That will entail an increase in BB service charges - again commercial suicide!
- do the best they can with the resources available and hope that the number of BTOR foul-ups is manageable?
For some the latter is not acceptable, even though they are content to accept the ludicrous "free broadband and free sports TV" offers which are decimating the ISP revenues.
Given that it will be the same BTOR engineering services which will install and deliver your service with Sky that have let both you and PlusNet down, do not hold too much hope that BTOR will not screw-up again.  The only thing which might be better is that the phone gets answer a bit quicker by a script reader who has little technical knowledge.
What ought to have happened here though is that you should have been offered an expedited install at BTOR's expense... however in some areas, BTOR simply do not have the spare resources to offer the expedited service.
Whatever you choose to do, I wish you good luck (but I hold no hope) that you will get a better service from BTOR.  Ofcom have been totally inept in managing the issue.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.