cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible Customer Service

markharrop

Terrible Customer Service

Here's the story so far of my painful dealings with Plusnet, and how I have still yet to speak to a customer services representative, despite complaining twice.
I moved house two weeks ago, taking my Plusnet account with me.
I notified Plusnet of the move a few weeks before and was told it would be activated the day after I moved, September 11th.
I get a text the day before the move saying it has been delayed 5-7 days.
Monday the 15th the phone line is activated, but I receive nothing to tell me this has happened, I just tested it on the off chance, and it worked.
I called up the support number (very long waiting times) to find out what is going on, and to ask when broadband will be activated. I'm, told it will be activated on the 17th.
The 17th comes and goes. My broadband is not activated, there is no communication from PlusNet.
I called up again on the 18th, where I'm told the order will be submitted for a 3rd time, and it should be activated on the 22nd. Obviously I am not very happy about this and ask to speak to a manager to complain. I'm told "the only way to complain is on line, you can speak to a manager but they will tell you the same thing".  As I have no internet connection, I push on and ask to speak to a manager. She is busy, and will call back within four hours. I give my home phone number and ask to be contacted on that as we are in a poor mobile reception area.
Some six hours later I get a message on my mobile voice mail (despite asking to be called on my home number) saying it is [removed] who will be sending me an email with her contact details, that she will personally be monitoring my account and will speak to me once it it activated to discuss compenstation.
I receive no email from [removed].
Saturday I plug my router in and my broadband is active, though there are problems with the speed - the line is 3.2MB, but speedtest.net reports download speeds of 0.17MB, a fraction of the possible speed making web browsing nearly impossible.
The 22nd comes and goes. There is no phone call from [removed], despite the claim that she will personally be monitoring my account and speaking to me to 'restore your faith in our services'. I call the support line again (long wait), and am told that a customer services representative will call be back, and that in the first 5 days line speeds may vary so I cannot take any action on the line.
Tuesday afternoon I have still not received acall from link:csa removed or anyone in customer services, so I use the online complaint form to complain about customer services not getting in touch about my complaint!
It is now Friday, and I have still received no contact from anyone at Plusnet. This is one week after my original complaint, three days after my second complaint.
It's beyond belief. I've spent so much time on hold on the support line and am getting nowhere. Even customer services managers are incapable of providing an adequate level of service.
The only recouse I have it to complain a 3rd time on a public forum in the hopes that it prompts a representation of Plusnet to actually stick to their word and contact me when they said they will.
My second hope is for a potential customer to read this and make the sensible decision of choosing another ISP that value their customers.
What I would like at this point is someone to actually call me up las promised a week ago, and to get an engineer out to fix the line. I have filled out the necessary Broadband troubleshooting form and submitted the details.
[Moderator's note by Adie (dvorak) CSA name removed as per Forum Rules ]
8 REPLIES 8
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: Terrible Customer Service

Total commiserations on your situation & congratulations on being so polite in your posting. Hopefully this will soon be picked up.
However, it might be worthwhile sending a PM to one of the PN staff members who monitor this forum.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi markharrop,
I'll contact you over this shortly.
Matty

Edit: Thanks for speaking with me this morning, markharrop.
This has definitely not been good enough on our side, and I am relieved that it has been brought to my attention so we can give your case the TLC it deserves.
I'll make sure some I give some proper feedback to the concerned party. In the meantime, keep an eye on your speeds and hopefully they'll improve after the tweaks I have made.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
markharrop

Thanks Matty,
The change you made did the trick, my download speeds are now reporting 2.22Mbps, which makes life a lot easier. You've been amazing a resolving the issue in such a short space of time!
It's frustrating that a 200Kbps cap was in place in the first place though...
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No problem.
I think it may have been to do with the profile being synced to the line at your old property.
I'm just writing you up something internal on Ticket: 92035091.
Feel free to keep me posted on your speeds.
Matty
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

A belated welcome to the forum Mark. Glad to see that the normally excellent PN service has been restored. I imagine that there is now a very red faced PN staff member in receipt of a stern one way conversation with his/ her boss.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Quote from: MattyC
I think it may have been to do with the profile being synced to the line at your old property.

Matty,
I've seen this before - after a service migration, address / phone number details are not updated in all parts of the portal (particularly that associated with the profile) and I have suspected that as a consequence BT profile delta reports are not applied.
I'm guessing that BT delta reports are tagged with the subscriber service number (phone number or line tag) - does the delta report processing highlight for attention any deltas which cannot be matched to a PN service account?  Such exception alerting and analysis might have avoided this user's speed issue.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Cruise85
Grafter

As it wasn't myself that picked up the problem, I will chase this with Matty to find out exactly which speed profile that was effected .
It could have been a case where the Plusnet speed profiles had not been updated to match that of Openreach, and as such, it could have been Plusnet, and not Openreach that unfortunately were restricting the speeds.
I am however glad to see that Matty resolved the issue for you, and that you speeds are now running as expected
Regards
Matt
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

If you're still interested Kevin, you have pretty much got it spot on.
It usually does require a bit of manual intervention from our house moves team to update all necessary details.
So why hadn't the speed profile been updated? Because the colleague in question took the ticket away from the house moves pool and into her own ownership (and didn't really look at it again).
@markharrop - I will update your ticket later on this afternoon to discuss your account.
Matty