cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tarriff Rip Off

rhfreelance

Tarriff Rip Off

If you're thinking of getting plusnet to supply you with broadband think again. They give a price which you are overt he moon with and away you go thinking you gained one of the best deals around. Well that is o nly the beginning because they slowly creep your bill up and when you complain they then come clean and tell you that you are infact being charged useage  and not a download cost. This means that as soon as you log on to the internet you are eating into your useage whether downloading or not, and the 10gb package is absolutely pointless as it starts charging you within a couple of weeks. I have not had a bill of under £40 since i signed up to them, Thankfully i have found a better provider and am switching to them. As for the so called "Disconnection Fee" they can sing for it as apparently it is charged simply for the router they have sent out. Well i am packaging it up and sending it by registered post back to them and they will not be receiving that fee.
They insist they are the peoples intenet provider. what a load nonsense as they just in it to rip the people off.
48 REPLIES 48
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Tarriff Rip Off

@rhfreelance,
I'm sorry to hear that you feel this way and are set to leave us. My first impression here is that you've clearly not been on the right product. Don't get us wrong we're not blaming you for that, it does sound like you would have been much better using extra.
I can see you did enquire about that back in September, the base cost of the account would have been more expensive than that of value but I'm confident the total bill would have been cheaper. Just out of interest what put you off from changing back in September?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
anniesboy
Rising Star

A year ago I was paying £40.+ per month for phone and broadband.
Then I signed up with Plusnet in January , I now have broadband extra,all calls and caller display.
Having agreed to pay my line rental in advance (£113.88).
My monthly total is £15.98.
May be I was "ripped off" before, but certainly not now.
Maybe I can get 60gb per month and all calls for less but Im not going to check.
nadger
Rising Star

Quote from: anniesboy
Having agreed to pay my line rental in advance (£113.88).
My monthly total is £15.98.

I'm on the same deal as you  Smiley
With my referrals it's even less  Smiley Smiley
When I first got adsl, nearly 10 years ago, I was paying £23.44 per month, for 512k, plus BT line rental - how can my current deal be a rip-off  Wink
anniesboy
Rising Star

I dont have any referrals at the moment.
I did explain my deal to a friend ,he then signed up to Plusnet but did not tell me until afterwards.
Thats life.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@anniesboy -
Get your friend to raise a ticket explaining what happened and to include your Plusnet account name, then Customer Support will add the referral details manually to your account so you can start saving money from your friends billing date.
It is really no hassle at all and has worked for me before.
Smiley
drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

I'm on the 10gb service and using about 3-4gb a month using the internet for several hours a night. I presume the OP is using a lot of streaming video...
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

rhfreelance
I'm getting 60GB download and anytime phone for £20 per month from Plusnet  Cool
That's a good deal
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
x47c
Grafter

Reminds me of Ryanair....which lest us not forget gives cheap flights with very little customer service.
One person complained loudly abut the cr*p service they were receiving
Michael O'Leary bluntly replied with something along the lines of
"We don't like dissatisfied customers, dissatisfied customers can go and fly with someone else".
I also recall when some celeb turned up without the required ID....and then played the 'you know who I am card'.
They were also told to get lost....or go away and turn up with the correct ID whatever.
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

x47c
K?
Whats your point
With PN we get it all good price good service
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

I'm struggling to reconcile the quoted subscriptions with the currently advertised prices.
Broadband extra, all calls and caller display for £15.98 per month? Surely this doesn't include the line rental?
My other car isn't a Ferrari
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

where did you see that - this is all I found
maranello
Pro

Exactly my point, Oldjim,
The £15.98 is from anniesboy's post (3rd in this thread).
Your screenshot is what I was looking at. Broadband Extra plus anytime calls is £14.99, caller display another 99p. Line rental an additional £9.49 a month
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I understand - you misread the post  Grin
The monthly payment now doesn't include the line rental because that was paid in one lump at the beginning  Roll_eyes
maranello
Pro

Thanks for the clarification. Still, doesn't answer how Peter Loftus can get the same for £20. Perhaps he might respond?