cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taking new Fibre contract

Matthon

Taking new Fibre contract

Having been with Plusnet for many years as a rural customer I have finally been able to upgrade and agree to a new 18month contract.
Having done this I am disappointed to see that FREE 18 month broadband is offered to new customers signing 18 month contracts with telephone line.
I feel this is extremely unfair to long term customers.
22 REPLIES 22
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: Taking new Fibre contract

I agree it's unfair but they do that to attract new customers.
The daft thing about it is that you could have got a better deal with another provider and when that contract expires return to PN as a new customer and get the deal offered.
I am not sure how long you have to be away for to be classed as a new customer perhaps PN could let us know ?
We are born into history and history is born into us.
Matthon

It is blatant discrimination against their loyal customers and would be illegal in any other walk of life.
Be nice if they fronted up and answered this themselves. Funnily there is no email address to question them directly. Online not available,  only by
phoning (with the hold time) and then you get someone who does not have the authority to answer fully.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Since you posted this in the Fibre Board I would assume that you agreed a deal for fibre and the free deal is for ADSL so isn't a valid comparison
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hello there. Sorry you're not happy with the price of your new fibre contract. If you call our customer options team (0800 013 2632), they should be able to offer you other deals (providing you're still within your 14 day cooling off period). They're open 0800 to 2000 Monday to Friday and 0900 to 1800 at the weekend.
Hope this helps
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Matthon

Oldjim.This is the phrasing of the advert pasted below. The ad was for Fibre and certainly didn't exclude it.
Anoush. I'm unhappy that you see fit to give new subscribers 18 months free for the same contract. The price is irrelevant,
18 months
FREE
broadband
then from
£9.99
a month*
+£16.99 monthly line rental
◊Unlimited Broadband with
unlimited
monthly usage up to
17Mb
download speed Perfect for everyday web browsing, uploading & sharing content and basic streaming.
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Hi Matthon
That advert is for adsl not fibre .
The current fibre offerings are from £5 a month for 6 month (40/2) or from £10 a month 6 months (80/20), 18 month contract
https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/fibre/
Kind regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

As I see it, it's swings and roundabouts.
I've been with PN since '09 and I got a deal back then when I joined from MAAF [albeit not as good as they are now] but I'm betting it was at the expense of longer term members even back then, just as the offers are now.
I don't necessarily agree with the offers but it is the same for all.
PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

I have the same sentiments as Mayfly.
However, when switching to fibre, I was offered an 18 month deal that was better than the new user 12 month deal plus 6 months standard payment. I again contacted the Options team 6 months later when adding PNTV and got the fibre deal extended (making it 24 months total) and a good 18 month discount for taking PNTV (plus a totally free 2704n, though I said I did not want one*).
I don't think a new customer could have bettered what I was offered by much - if at all.
Phil
* It did, however, come in useful proving my router had a fault which made a few sites near unusable after the change to fibre. However, the 2704n was locked down too much for my liking, so I got my own modem-router, with the ECI modem and 2704n as emergency backup Wink
Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

Quote from: Matthon

I feel this is extremely unfair to long term customers.

Is that hyperbole or just touting for extra discount?
The world has moved on and Plusnet has joined the mainstream. Their income is based around the mean income from the total customer base. They can only offer the joining discounts by keeping existing customers relatively high. If price is that important to you you will have to consider moving I'm afraid  Sad
Are you out of your cooling off period?
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Annie
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Matthon. I feel your pain. I've been a customer for 16 years and I've had a technical issue which hasn't been resolved for 2 1/2 weeks. I posted my plight in the feedback forum, didn't use bad language but am rightly annoyed. Then I got an email to say my topic is locked. I have to say I'm absolutely flabbergasted that I should just be shut up in this way by a moderator without any effort to resolve my issue or address my feelings about customer loyalty.
I'm actually not one of those peope who usually complain, am always curteous in the forums and this treatment has just cemented my, already unhappy (no, I'd say disappointed and disenfranchised) feelings.
PS. Plusnet have now added to my topic but I'm unable to respond because the topic is locked. Unbelievable!
Annie
anniesboy
Rising Star

I have been a Plusnet customer since 2011, I upgraded to fibre in 2013.
I recently logged a fault which was resolved, at the time I enquired about having a Home Hub1.
I spoke Customer Options and by agreeing a new 18 month contract I got the HH1 for cost of P&P and reduction in my monthly cost.
If you dont ask you wont get.
Annie
Rising Star

I did ask and was only offered the 2704n. They were adamant they weren't going to send the newer model.
Annie
anniesboy
Rising Star

Did you ask Customer Options ?  And agree a new contract.
Annie
Rising Star

My contract isn't up until July. My router went wrong as a result of a firmware update which I neither asked for or wanted. The problem is endless IP conflicts and being unable to connect to my devices.
Annie