cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taking new Fibre contract

Matthon

Re: Taking new Fibre contract

My thanks to all those who have replied on this thread. I will be ringing Plusnet tomorrow( assuming I can get through) to discuss this.
I.T.Works. Nowhere on the ad does it say ADSL. Furthermore the link you posted for fibre was for the high speed version, not the low speed rural version
that my address allows me. Hence my irritation at the ad.
Minivanman
Legend
Fixes: 1

Sky television run the same wheeze, we just phoned to cancel and the price was put down to the same as that for a new subscriber. Had the same attempted 'con' last year with plusnet - same process, same result. It's all about an acceptable 'churn rate' I was told, the ration between those the join and those that leave.
Makes us all feel like cattle I'm sure.

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
Matthon

LATEST
Having got through to the support team (only 2-3 minutes holding) and reported my abysmal  broadband speeds I was informed that I don't have Fibre.
I had been sold Fibre on a line that does not support it (although the Plusnet Postcode search says it is available). Awaiting an explanation of how this happened as it could happen to others!
I have been given the 18month free ADSL that was apparently the offer despite no mention of ADSL in the Ad.
I am satisfied with the result but unhappy about my Broadband speed, 2.8/ 0.8
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Hi Matthon,
Just saw this thread so decided to take a look for you,
It seems Fibre is available in the area but capacity is full so this cannot be connected at this time, when the Fibre was requested, this will have been showing as available for our systems to allow an order to go through to BT Wholesale however looking at things now Fibre is showing as on a waiting list for your area indicating a capacity issue.
We should be able to provide Fibre once more capacity is added to the exchange however
gofaster
Rising Star

The advert didn't mention Fibre either.
18 months FREE broadband then from £9.99 a month* +£16.99 monthly line rental
◊Unlimited Broadband with unlimited monthly usage up to 17Mb download speed

The "Up to 17Mb" is a bit of a give-away that it is ADSL
If you check out the available packages they are:
Unlimited
Unlimited Fibre
Unlimited Fibre Extra
The advert just says "Unlimited". No fibre, no extra.
Matthon

Thanks for that Darkfire. just got an email from customer service saying that. System doesn't seem that good if it shows available and cannot be locked in at that time.
gofaster. Max fibre speed for my area is between 17 and 23 so up to 17 could still mean Fibre.
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hello. Just like to clarify that ADSL is marketed as up to 17 Mb, however in theory the speeds can be anywhere up to 24 Mb depending on the line length & quality.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Matthon

Current deal
Plusnet Unlimited Fibre Broadband + Home Phone - free broadband for 6 months + £16.99/m line rental
- Up to 38 Mbps download and up to 2 Mbps upload.
- Broadband after 6 months is £14.99/m or £22.49/m depending on where you live
- 18 month contract
- Line rental saver option reduces line rental to equivalent of £15.49 per month
- Free phone calls to other Plusnet customers
- Offer ends 22nd March 2016