cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tag nightmare

stuk1

Tag nightmare

OK we made a bad choice trying to switch from BT to talk talk
Who after a month of messing us about with activation dates we gave up and cancled the order and looked els were in the mean time talk talk left us with no phone line after I cancelled and a tag on the old BT number , we decided to try Plusnet I applied on line and asked for a new number order complete and had a working telephone the next day FAB!!  BUT due to the number change and tag on previous number LEFT BUY TALK TALK probably because I cancled the  order"  plusnet have now been trying for over a month to get this tag removed so my broadband order can be compleated but BT just keep closing the ticket and don't remove tag , and plusnet only seem to chase it after I have chased them to find out what the hell is going on as I've even spoke to BT wholesale and he said the new provider need to request tag to be removed,!! I feel plusnet just ain't be persistent enough and nobody is dedicated to resolve my issue and been without internet for 2 months now ,Getting fed up now and to the point were I may as well try another ISP ,, anybody have any ideas ,thanks
7 REPLIES 7
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: Tag nightmare

Hi and welcome to the forums,
I'm really sorry to see that this has been going on for so long. I know a ticket has been raised on your account, and I will try to get this chased up for you when we're back at full staffing.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi stuk1, I'm sorry to see this TAGS issue has been ongoing for as long as it has. I've updated the ticket on your account and should have further updates later today when our suppliers get back to me.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
stuk1

Thanks, problem solved now 4 weeks ago my internet would of been on if the person who sent tag request had followed it up correctly" apparently within the email return from BT Tag query there was a link they was supposed to click to update the number change info this was not done on 3 or 4 tag query's sent to BT over 4 weeks  , this has now been completed and now my broadband order has been placed , Finally"  little disappointed I had to do all the rinning around and chasing to get to the bottom of it  and a waste of my time and all along was a simple admin error ....opps  Roll_eyes
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Quote from: stuk1
if the person who sent tag request had followed it up correctly" apparently within the email return from BT Tag query there was a link they was supposed to click to update the number change info this was not done on 3 or 4 tag query's sent to BT over 4 weeks

Hi stuk1, I'm not sure who told you that the fix to this problem was simply clicking a link in the TAGS Query response  Huh (I wish it was that simple).
The TAGS Queries we had raised were raised correctly, explaining that we had restarted a stopped telephone line, therefore no broadband asset should have been there as the broadband asset should have been removed when the line was ceased.
The responses we got, incorrectly advised that a renumber had taken place and you are correct that we were provided a link to update the number the broadband was provided on, however there are a couple of reasons why this is the incorrect response. Mainly the fact that in order to carry out this request, we need to provide the broadband asset number, which we do not have because 1) There was no active broadband on the line 2) We did not have the broadband asset number and 3) This request needs to be carried out by the provider of the broadband asset.
The agent that picked up the first TAGS Query tried this solution and the request got rejected for reasons 2 and 3. We then raised a few more TAGS Queries explaining that this did not resolve the issue, however we were given the same stock responses from our suppliers, advising of a renumber despite the fact that no renumber had taken place and in reality we had restarted a stopped telephone line. We then moved on to raising an escalation using the reason code 'TAGS Queries closed but not resolved' but unfortunately this came back with the same incorrect response that the TAGS Queries gave.
The TAGS Query was followed up correctly, although I do sincerely apologise that this was not done as quickly as we would have liked and for the fact that you had to chase this up on multiple occasions.
When I took ownership of the issue, I didn't just click a link to update some records. I spent around 90 minutes on an E-Chat with our suppliers which then became a phone call with the E-Chat agents manager. I explained the problem several times and advised them how I'd seen this fixed on the other couple of occasions I've seen this problem in the past 2 and half years. The manager I spoke to listened to me and understood what I was saying and got someone on this straight away to investigate and resolve from their side, this took around 4 hours.
I just want to make it clear that the process I ultimately ended up going through was pretty far from the standard process that should have fixed the issue and much more time consuming. Had our suppliers records been updated when the previous provider initially ceased the phone line, this wouldn't have been a problem.
I hope this clears things up, sorry if I've rambled on a bit with the process I had to go through  Crazy
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
stuk1

Yes all very confusing I obviously got the short version but at least its sorted now and thanks for following it through and sorting  .. Smiley
sagarpandya82

Please can you take a look at this thread https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Order/Recently-joined-Tag-nightmare/m-p/1436599

Judging from your post i feel you can really help me with the issue.

Thanks
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Welcome to the community forums @sagarpandya82

Sorry to hear of the issues you're experiencing. I'll respond over on your thread shortly.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet